Feedback Craft Beer Online Business

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lswhi3

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just wondering how many of you would consider buying craft beer online if there was a decent selection and the prices were reasonable.

If you already do, I'd love to know what sites you've been using, and what your thoughts are on them. I know SlowBeer has an online store, but imho I think it's a bit pricey.

Would love to hear your thoughts!

Cheers

I bought direct from Bridge Rd brewers and the beer was so freaking nice and fresh and hoppy. If it is cold stored, fresh and well in date with good prices - yes I know freight costs - then yes, I would buy.

Variety is also key: keep it current with new realeases. I dont mind paying $25 for a 6 pack/$70 for a slab for a decent beer. However not interested in beers that can be purchased from Dans et all. Been there done that! New horizons is what I'm interested in. Oh yeah delivery costs also.
Elz

I would be interested ....

I have heard of a mob called TRU BRU operating out of Melbourne I think ...
Free postage to Melb and Syd but for us in Brisvegas will be hit with a fiver extra to get it here ...

Think they do about 6 beers per month ... thereabouts

I buy very little packaged beer these days. At home I'm drinking my own, or MM case swap beer. Going out I'll take a growler or two, or some MM case swap beer...

And when I'm at the pub I'm drinking tap beer mostly. Our tax system is very anti packaged beer in Australia. I reckon I'd buy more and brew less if you could get a 6-pack of Dogfish Head 60m IPA for $10 like you can in the States. That's $40 compared to $105 for a case of Moo Brew pale at Dan's.

Not really unless it's rare, hard to get or I get a pay rise. I do buy beer but mostly I like to see and feel the bottle I'm buying.
Records on the other hand.......

I'm not typical though - look at other businesses doing the same thing.

Aren't Beer Cartel a site sponsor?

Rarely buy packaged beer these days (who can afford to? And I'm a brewer), but when I do it's rarely from Dan's. If I'm going to pay for beer I'd prefer it's in good condition, and I prefer to support my local bottle-o (Carwyn) when I can (plus I can have a cheeky pot whilst there selecting beers).

I buy beers like cantillon etc a few times a year. Beer cartel are pretty good and I've been given vouchers a few times.

Depends on price and selection. I do like to support the local shops that carry craft beer, but if the price and selection were right I'd do some online shopping too. Particularly if it carried Worthington's White Shield as a regular item! :icon_drool2:

I tried BeerDays and frankly, their selections and price compared to buying it retail left a lot to be desired. $25 more expensive than retail and have to wait for a week to get the same beers my local Dans stocks.

Where exactly are you? My local has a fantastic range and that's why I wouldn't buy online. Maybe someone knows of a place near you. Location: Australia is not all that specific.
Nillumbik cellars diamond creek by the way. No affiliation. Just a happy customer. Last week I went there and got a long neck of ballast point sculpin IPA and a saison dupont. Didn't grab the stone arrogant old ******* ale. Grabbing that tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back