Fed Square Microbrew Shocase

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd also be interested to know if this is any good as I'll be in Melbourne around then for a wedding anyway.

I haven't gone, but several friends have and they have enjoyed it. Will be trying to make it along this time around I reckon.

Brendo

I have been to a couple of these and it is always enjoyable. You get to see a wide variety of beers from the Vic micro scene

The same event was held in late October last year. It was a blast! You rock up, hand over $25 and get 20 'tickets' and a $5 food voucher along with another $2 deposit for the glass. You then wander around sampling with most samples costing one ticket, but a few special/higher alcohol brews costing two tickets. The food was also pretty good. Only disappointment was that there was one microbrewery I was looking forward to sampling didn't end up turning up on the night (but for the life of me can't remember which one it was). So get a few mates together and head along...

sap.

We should organise a time to meet.
Have a AHB entourage.
Would be great to catch up with a few blokes...

Definitely sounds good. Any chance to sample a range of micro brews all in one spot sounds good.

Cheers

SJ

I went to one early last year and had a fantastic time.
It gets pretty busy so my suggestion would be to get there early and hook in :icon_drunk: !

Couldn't recommend it enough.

C&B
TDA

Yeah, it's awesome. Been to a few of them now. Best part about it, depending on what time you go in regard to how busy are, is that you can 1 on 1 with the brewers. In fact, now that I think about it, that's how I first met Ron Feruglio of Temple brewing. We sat and chatted about Saison for a good 20 minutes. Top bloke. And of course, all of the brewers are quite approachable and friendly, imo.

Also, I've generally been lucky enough to score free tickets.. namely from the ladies (no offense girls) who can't make their way thru all 20 samples and fork over remaining tickets as they're leaving. Pay for 20 and wind up drinking twice that or more.

As TDA said, highly recommended! Always been a great vibe.

reVox

Would like to speak to the genius at Fed square who scheduled this for Paddy's day. :blink:

Despite the fact I always have plans for that day, the city and it's bars (including the fed square ones) will be jammed with usual Paddy's day yahoo's.

Think I'll be going in on the 18th

The Showcase is on 3-4 times a year and is always a good time. In fact, it's a blast!!!!

ReVox and I have met up there a few times and he's right, you can have a chin wag with the brewers if they aren't swamped. If that's your plan, get there early as it gets busier as the hours tick by and things get blurry.

Hell yeah...just saw that this is starting on a Tuesday this time....I'll be there!!!! Revox..round 3????

go on the first day - beers sometimes run out
be there at the opening bell - or even a little earlier, you cant drink till the start time, but you can buttonhole the brewers for a chat and an insight to whats good

I'd also be interested to know if this is any good as I'll be in Melbourne around then for a wedding anyway.

Typical, I'll be there for a wedding also but have to leave Melbourne on the Monday so I can be home for a course that work is paying for and I cannot get out of. Going down to Melb a week before the wedding to visit a heap of Micro's that are a bit out of Melb. Would have been great to kill two birds with the one stone. Just have to keep an eye out for their next event and book those dates.

We should organise a time to meet.
Have a AHB entourage.
Would be great to catch up with a few blokes...

That sounds like a good idea, woud anyone else be interested.

Aaron

Already planning on going, along with some fellow "convertees" from work.

Do we need to wear a certain flower on our lapels, or perhaps get some AHB badges printed so we know who's who?

Now, what do we do for a logo...
tn_gallery_7239_412_40133.jpg

The same event was held in late October last year. It was a blast! You rock up, hand over $25 and get 20 'tickets' and a $5 food voucher along with another $2 deposit for the glass. You then wander around sampling with most samples costing one ticket, but a few special/higher alcohol brews costing two tickets. The food was also pretty good. Only disappointment was that there was one microbrewery I was looking forward to sampling didn't end up turning up on the night (but for the life of me can't remember which one it was). So get a few mates together and head along...

sap.

Was it 3Ravens? I went to this one, too and that's who I was disappointed to miss. Got quite shickered off the $25, especially, because I sampled some 10%ers.

go on the first day - beers sometimes run out
be there at the opening bell - or even a little earlier, you cant drink till the start time, but you can buttonhole the brewers for a chat and an insight to whats good

I spoke to the rep from Beer and Brewer Magazine and he suggested going on the second evening, because by the end of it, they are trying to empty off the beer, so the samples tend to be larger than normal.

Definitely worth dropping in. :beer:

Bumpy.....

Anyone else interested in attending.

Latest posts

Back