Fed Square Microbrew Shocase

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be there on the Wednesday as I have other plans for the Tuesday (St Patricks Day)...

sap.

Always take The Wife. She won't use all her tasting tickets, at which point you can step in and help. ;)

How do we all propose to make ourselves identifiable amongst the crowd?....i mean spotting a beer fanatic at a beer convention could be tricky. Hope to make it Tuesday.

Bumping an old thread here... just around the corner, kicking off tomorrow and finishing Wednesday.

So who's going when??

I think I will be getting in there tomorrow most likely...

Brendo

If things go as planned i'll be there tonight. Ive already got a headache... not a good start to the day. Especially St. Patty's day!

I'll keep an eye out for you - assuming you look like your profile pic, minus fangs <_<

Pretty much, i'll be in business attire with a 'paddington bear' style grey hoodie on (buttons up at the front) I may have a short stocky bloke accompanying me or SWMBO or all alone with my sorrows.

Pretty much, i'll be in business attire with a 'paddington bear' style grey hoodie on (buttons up at the front) I may have a short stocky bloke accompanying me or SWMBO or all alone with my sorrows.

Well I am pretty casual today... green Mt Goat t-shirt, blue jeans and a black corduroy jacket.

Its official, i will be there from 5:30 onwards. Bring on the beer!

Not going to this one, but going to the Purvis Cellars Microbrewers Showcase on April 1. Many of the same exhibitors and less packed so you can chat to the reps/brewers a bit without being swamped by swillheads.

Tread cautiously at the Buckley's stand if it's there this year. This is all hearsay - :ph34r: Spoke to a guy at a HBS and he said that they were trying beers there in 2008 and a punter in front of them at the counter (with no clues) said 'this beer tastes a bit sour' and the rep said - 'oh yeah that's got some lambic flavour to it'. The guy with no clues just accepted this, but from what was relayed to me the beer could well have been infected and was not a beer of 'Belgian Style' if you get my drift.

Aside from that chaps, enjoy! Have been on 2 occasions and it's a ripper afternoon!

Hopper.

Not going to this one, but going to the Purvis Cellars Microbrewers Showcase on April 1. Many of the same exhibitors and less packed so you can chat to the reps/brewers a bit without being swamped by swillheads.

i was under the impression this was only held by the store operators. No reps on site. If there are reps, thats awesome! It looks like i may attend after all. As SWMBO's folks live around the corner might be an excuse to go around for dinner :icon_cheers:

i was under the impression this was only held by the store operators. No reps on site. If there are reps, thats awesome! It looks like i may attend after all. As SWMBO's folks live around the corner might be an excuse to go around for dinner :icon_cheers:

Apologies Fourstar - making assumptions here.

Went to their international one last year and they had people from the breweries on site - people from Holgate, Snowy Mtns, Emersons, a czech brewery and others. Some were sales people with limited knowledge and others knew their stuff. Assuming it would be similar at this one, and some Purvis staff do man certain tables, but you might want to check with purvis first to confirm there are representatives from the breweries going.
Hopper.

Apologies Fourstar - making assumptions here.
Thats cool, T spoke to the Brewer from Three Troupers lastnight. He said he was planning on being there so they may have reps and brewers there after all. He was unsure if he was going to make it though. Being a 3 hour round trip to get there from his property.

cant get to the fed quare showcase. but was planning on going to purvis' one. even though I'll only be 6 days out of hospital and on crutches. I wonder if Im going to be able to con the missus into takign me....

was there last night...... will be there tonight....... that's what happens when you work at fed sq!

tonight i'll be wearing the fed square shirt unlike last night when i was wearing the 'irish' shirt with the ac/dc spin

slinte!

IMG00212.jpg

i will be there tonight with the missus (so i can drink her beer) looking forward to it!

i will be there tonight with the missus (so i can drink her beer) looking forward to it!

thats why i wanted SWMBO to attend lastnight, instead i had all of my tokens and that was that... then went to gin palace and knocked off 3 cocktails.... felt abit rough until around 15 mins ago until i had my 'morning coffee'. :D

Ive been running up and down the CBD all morning and around a network lab running patch cables... not the best things to be doing after a night out at the micro's showcase!

Back