February It Is

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tell myself each arvo on the way home............ only 2 beers tonight but that goes out the window after the first one.

I know that one... thats why Im thinking none will be better!

I wish you all the very best!
It is a brave and noble adventure that you are embarking upon, and I salute all those who have a go.

I might be able to do it in the future, but not right now.

Cheers,
Jake

I find myself chugging away on weeknights and waking up....... not hung over but not really fully alert either and then driving for an hour to get to work.

I tell myself each arvo on the way home............ only 2 beers tonight but that goes out the window after the first one.

I know what you mean on both points....Except I walk 4km to work, try that the morning after a session.

I like the idea of having a month of no beer to get me back into the habit of well, not drinking constantly from 5pm-9pm (I go to bed by 9am as I'm up at 2am 5 days a week for work)

I think that's half the problem, and why I'm not wanting to make the jump to kegs.

Having to open a stubbie (or longneck) at least keeps that back part of the brain keeping count on the number of beers consumed, plus there's plenty of evidence for SWMBO to "tut, tut" at.

Anybody else think similarly?

It is exactly the reason I DID go to kegs :p

Only just saw this thread. Drank (tho not drunk) on the 1st and 2nd, but this is a good idea. Feeling fat after festive season and just can't shift a few kilos despite exercise. It is clearly the piss.

I'm in for the rest of the month.

DB

Oh well, I could do that, no worries...

Giant_Beer_Glass.jpg

:rolleyes:

jake the beer police will be around to your place tonite with instructions to confiscate your glass, now on my calculations you have now had your quota for feb,
fergi

jake the beer police will be around to your place tonite with instructions to confiscate your glass, now on my calculations you have now had your quota for feb,
fergi

...dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun....OH NO! Not the beer police!

I'll hide in the fridge with the kegs....hmmm....which one to chuck out to make room for me....:D

Just caught this thread but i was already on the wagon for feb so IM IN

Looking forward to building brew stocks and loseing some weight over the month.

Bottles or tap.......... i still go for another when the glass is empty.

and actually my bottled beer averages a good % or 3 higher than the keg beer so its worse!

I just had a nice cold green cordial when i got home from work. Its hot and i really want a beer but i wont.

Stu......... that bottle of yeast you left me is going to be looking good in a couple of weeks

cheers

Good luck to you all.
I only had 3 pints last night. Thats enough restraint from me
Cheers
mantis

Oh well, always next feb for me. :icon_drunk:

Although not stopping drinking in Feb, I have put some rules in place to impose control. For the first time in 31 years I gained weight through not trying - 4kg's since Nov. I need to get control back - the rules are:

- No drinking through the week- allowed Fri / Sat / Sun*

* Unless I have to entertain for work
** Unless we have friends over for dinner

- Two good sessions of exercise each week

Ran 9k's last night, felt good. No beer. Would love a brew right now, but am heading for some chilled water - pretending it's megaswill...!

Cheers - ioke

So whats the rule when you have to drink beer for work. At 7am tomorrow morning I need to check the carbonation on a batch of beer .... and there is only one way to do it. And I had to sample all the tanks under fermentation and how the beer was drinking down the bar.....

You all should be doing the group hug thing...

Scotty

So whats the rule when you have to drink beer for work. At 7am tomorrow morning I need to check the carbonation on a batch of beer .... and there is only one way to do it. And I had to sample all the tanks under fermentation and how the beer was drinking down the bar.....
You poor, poor man...

So what d'you do for a job?

I would be surprised if I have gone a total of 28 days over the past 40 years without a beer.
Not going to start now either :icon_chickcheers:

Cheers,
Bud

I have removed all bottles of beer from the fridge to remove temptation.

I will be strong.......... I WILL BE STRONG!

cheers

Still holding strong here (doesn't help when its been ~40 C for a week or more)

Tony, I have my water on the tap right next to the californian common (and 5 other beer filled kegs in the fridge). First night i pulled the wrong tap and beer came out :icon_drool2: . I tipped it on the garden and made cordial instead.

Funny enough I felt like crap this morning as i did not sleep as well as usual :unsure:

cheers

Darren

Haha.......... good work darren.

My keg fridge is about to get a keg full to settle out in the cold so it doesnt get infected sitting in the 35 deg house. Seeing as my food fridge is dead so my fermenting fridge is full of food. Will let it settle till early next week then filter and gas it.

It will be nice to have a nice fresh beer to try on the 1st of march.

I seem to be really hungry. but having wiped about 1000 callories from my diet and an empty stomach from no beer........ Im fighting to stop myself eating now.

Filling up on water is no fun cause there is no cold water as my fridge is dead.

So im cranking my fermenting freezer (which has a finnished pale ale in it) down to 4 deg to hold cold bottles of water and juice.

Friday night is going to be painful. I love a beer on friday night. Will have to get some Bundy ginger beer!

cheers

PS...... 2 days now........ a 15 year record for me!

Okay... well I did say I was in on this to keep in shape for the wedding and all... but I am thinking that when it comes time to make my speech in front of over 100 people I don't want to make a dick of myself because I've just had a couple of mouthfulls of champagne and my brain can't handle it.

So I might continue my excercise regime and come up with some kind of measured alcohol tolerance conditioning program :chug:

Sounds like an AA meeting to me. Why isnt thing in the off topic thread. What are you all trying to gain from sharing this experience, why do you feel you want to share this experience with fellow beer makers.....that beer is bad for you?
Cheers
Steve

Steve,

Beer is not bad for you. Its only bad if YOU can't stop drinking it. Stopping for a month gives me a piece of mind that I may not be an alcoholic.

Helps me me sleep at night knowing that I could have upto 14 kegs full of beer and i can stop.

Maybe give it a try mate. What do you have to lose?

cheers

Darren

EDIT: Come March 1 I will be as full as a boot

Back