Feb / March Isb Meeting

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crozdog

Lunchbox Legend!
Reaction score
Seeing as January is over, the last thread is obsolete. So here is a new thread to work out the details of the next meet so:
  • Who can come?
  • What are we going to do? BBQ? Meet at a brew pub & drink the day away? brewday?
  • When?
  • Where?

At this point:
Stuster is out until the end of the month.
Barls is out for next weekend (9 & 10 feb) but maybe the weekend after.
I'm pretty flexible, Ok my back & neck aren't ;) but I am re a date.

I like in order of preference

1."Meet at a brew pub & drink the day away "

2.or BBQ

Any weekend should be fine, never know when work will spring something on me but can work around it.

If we leave it for about 3 weeks Rauchbeir should be ready to drink.....mmmm smokey :icon_drool2:

Meet at a brew pub & drink the day away? brewday?

i thought that'd get some attention :D

Possible locations:
- James Squires on King St wharf (great optics on a nice day) B)
- The Macquarie down Wentworth St in the city
- Paddy's out at Flemington
- Redoak in the city

as perviously mentioned im away this weekend but back here next saturday but away with work the rest. so i may not make this one but will be able to make march i think. im not fussed ether way about what we do

I like the idea of Redoak with James Squire chaser!

I like the idea of Redoak with James Squire chaser!
now that could work :D
Redoaks beer menu is here however when I was last there (from my faded memory of the ahb crawl 2 years ago, the brew weren't that good at the redoak) but i'm happy to try em again in the name of science. B)

I think some of the seasonals are better than the regulars, they don't appear on the menu

If it's a weekend the sooner the better for me........... junior footy season is sneaking up fast.

Or a weeknight post work would be OK as well, prolly better. Haven't been to either Redoak or JS, wouldn't mind having a look @ either/both.

I had a couple at redoak a month or 2 back. the pale ale was nicest, better than the ipa (!). They have a bar menu now thats ok.

JS has govenor king & ipa as my favs :) I havent been to paddy's for mmm a long time. happy hour & lingerie waitress' wed 10-1 sounds inviting ;-)

weekend or weeknight. either.

Afraid I cannot make it on any weekend in the next two months, but Redoak and JS sound good to me if were able. Redoak provides a wide variety. Standard is OK. Agree that seasonals can sometimes be better than the regulars.

Hi guys!
always up for some serious scientific research :chug: ,if it's ok to join in.
Bernd

I should be able to make next weekend now (23rd/24th). :) Or is going to be a week night? Time for a poll?

Bernd, course you're more than welcome. :party:

Ill be in town for a quick visit that weekend of the 23/24th.. might pop by where you guys are at to say hello..

Back