Favourite Brew Related Podcast?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your favourite brew related podcast? POLL

• OZ Craftbrewer Radio

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jamils Show (The Brewing Network)

• Brewium Radio

• Basic Brewing Radio

• Brew Crazy

• Craft Brew Cast

• Craft Beer Radio

• Brew Bubbas

• Sunday Session (The Brewing Network)

• Other? (please specify)

• Total voters
Good Day

1. The Jamil show is the one that makes me think the most (can always fast forward)
2. Basic Brewing good clear technical show
3. CraftBrewer Radio always interesting but can stray too much at times
4. Brewium shows promise (only noted it yesterday)
5. TBN has some great stuff midst juvenile crap (fast forward)
6. Brew Bubbas is good and seems to be getting better
7. Brew Crazy can be good in parts especially without Princess Pissed
8. Yeast Slurry is good but basic , likeable host
9. Beer School is interesting at times, feed back on US micro beers
10. Big Foamy Head, beers, blues and pork chop sandwiches

The others are more about tasting and rating local US beers (no real order)
11. The Good Beer Show
12. Murphy's Podcast (lousey sound)
13. Pacific Brew News Radio
14. Radio Beer Hall
15. Craft Brew Radio

At the Great Aussie Pub Crawl I tried to convince Doc and Dane (good name for a podcast) to start their own podcast but to no avail.

BBR got me interested in brewing, it's responsible for me wanting to go AG (Just have to save to buy the gear)
The Jamil show got me interested in brewing more than ordinary bitters and normal stouts, not that I'll ever stop brewing them.
I shamelessly buy all their stuff, why not support them? :D
Craftbrewer I just listen to for fun.

How about starting a podcast?
mmm yeah, frankly i dont know how any of them find the time not only to do the show , but find the content etc over the week. its funny though how with the internet an extremely passionate person can reach alot of people..

Have been listening to the Brewing Network shows for years, and really enjoy them, and love the humour. I do wonder how hard it woudl be to just start listeining to the show, wihtout an "in " for all the "in jokes"

mm i started listening about 3 months before daniella left then pretty much stopped after that. she really toned down the "american meathead lacrosse team" idiot carry on i thought.. and that twit justin (i think) annoys the living crap out of me. the minute he got his claws into TBNs big money spinner jamils show doing the live questions i knew that it was rooted.

I now only listen to NQLD Craftbrewer Radio.

I listened to TBN Sunday Session for a couple of years, but i got sick of Justin forever bitching about all the other brewcasts and was finding it was becoming a little repetitive and all together too Seppo centric.

Cheers,
Greg

I like the Basic Brewing Videos. I copy them to DVD and watch them on my telly while I taste beers. Good fun!

- Snow

I now only listen to NQLD Craftbrewer Radio.

I listened to TBN Sunday Session for a couple of years, but i got sick of Justin forever bitching about all the other brewcasts and was finding it was becoming a little repetitive and all together too Seppo centric.

Cheers,
Greg

That Graham bloke sounds like a drunk Kerry O'keefe. But some good info if you skip :D :D

i voted other.

Never lisened to any brew podcast......... ever.

Didnt know there were so many.

But i havnt read palmers how to brew either.

does this make me stange?

I thought I'd drag up this thread to list a new podcast I've stumbled on. It's on The Brewing Network - called "Brew Strong". It has Jamil Zainasheff and John Palmer talking about a single specific technical topic per episode.

Here's a link.

Benniee

I downloaded my first podcasts today. So far I have got through 2 Basic Brewing Radio and 2 The Jamil Show eps. And have a few Sunday Sessions ready to go but from what I've read I might want to be tasting a few at the time. Though I am tasting a few right now, 2:55am I am watching the Champions League draw so not keen to listen to the Brewing Network. This Sparkling Ale is kinda nice right now but :)

I'm starting my way through the sunday session shows on the brewing network, making a point of listening to the Jamil show before working on a recipe, and when I am no longer shaped I will download Lunch Meet and Brew Strong

for me, basic brewing. cant go wrong easy listening, informative, etc.....
downloaded a couple of podcasts from craftbrewer (graham sanders,saunders?).
mmmmmmm best i not comment on what i really think about that egotistical,annoying,whining,wan....
cheers......spog.......

Yup, same again. Basic brewing. Those guys know their stuff and what they don't know, they ask the experts. Listened to craftbrewer and Jamil's but Basic is my pic.

Hopper.

I have just started d/loading some podcasts about brewing and they are awesome. Wish I knew about all these before. Seems like a little known resource that should be promoted a bit more.

Imagine an AHB podcast where a member is interviewed every month, a sponsor is spoken with regarding their products etc etc etc, that would be good as well.

Josh said:
I downloaded my first podcasts today. So far I have got through 2 Basic Brewing Radio and 2 The Jamil Show eps. And have a few Sunday Sessions ready to go but from what I've read I might want to be tasting a few at the time. Though I am tasting a few right now, 2:55am I am watching the Champions League draw so not keen to listen to the Brewing Network. This Sparkling Ale is kinda nice right now but :)
What a difference 7 years makes!
It turns out I enjoyed the Brewing Network so much I designed a holiday to the States in 2010 around BNA5/NHC and then a live show at Downtown Joe's Napa CA.

Regular shows I listen to these days are:
The Session (Brewing Network) - still my favourite all around beer podcast. Great guests and brewing info and the entertainment is right up my alley too.
Dr Homebrew - Brewing Network show hosted by JP and featuring a couple of National BJCP judges judging two beers an episode.
Microbrewr - A show for those thinking of going Pro.
Radio Brews News - Hosted by Matt Kirkegaard and Pete Mitcham. Features interviews with mostly Australian identities in the beer scene.
The Sour Hour - Brewing Network show hosted by Jay Goodwin from The Rare Barrel gives great sour beer brewing info.
Brewing with Style/The Jamil Show - Reworked show from Jamil Zainasheff focusing on one style each show.
Brew Strong - Jamil and John Palmer getting into more detail about brewing and going pro.
Other Aussie shows worth listening to are Ale of a Time, Sessionable & Not Two Bright - All mostly focus on Australian craft beer and in the case of the first two, talking to brewers.
Others I listen to are Fuhmentaboudit, Beer Sessions Radio, BeerSmith, Basic Brewing Radio.

And I also appear on two podcasts myself:
Inebriation Nation - Mostly focused on the Sydney scene but talk to brewers from around the country and the occasional international guest. We broadcast live from GABS Sydney last week and spoke to four brewers during the show.
Bats and Balls - If you're interested in sport.

Dazzbrew said:
You forgot about beersmith podcast.
I didn't, included in Others I listed to.

It's good. But I don't subscribe, just pick off the episodes I think I'll be interested in.

Back