Etc-300 Temp Controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_fuzz

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I wish i had bought a fridge mate but i was given one of these and I am looking to install today. The Fridgemate is the STC-200 and I think this is actually made by the same company but a higher model?

However, the instructions are in black and white and me being a novice - I was wondering if anyone knew which colours represented the following diagram

gallery_3670_237_21213.jpg

A link to the full instructions is here: http://www.kibnt.com/2006/instren/ETC-300.pdf

If anyone has any advice that would be appreciated, other wise, I will need to find a sparkie B)

Hey Guys,

I wish i had bought a fridge mate but i was given one of these and I am looking to install today. The Fridgemate is the STC-200 and I think this is actually made by the same company but a higher model?

However, the instructions are in black and white and me being a novice - I was wondering if anyone knew which colours represented the following diagram

gallery_3670_237_21213.jpg

A link to the full instructions is here: http://www.kibnt.com/2006/instren/ETC-300.pdf

If anyone has any advice that would be appreciated, other wise, I will need to find a sparkie B)

Disclaimer: You must get a qualified ecectrician to wire this device for use.

Second Disclaimer: Couldn't really enlarge the pic enough to read the text properly.

If I had this device this is how I would wire it given the diagram. Lead with plug attached (plugs into GPO): Active (brown) to terminal 8 with a jumper to terminal 1. Neutral (blue) to terminal 9. Lead with socket (fridge plugs into socket): Active (brown) to terminal 3. Neutral (blue) to terminal 9 along with the neutral from the plug lead.

Join both earth (green/yellow) wires one from plug lead and the other from the socket lead, using an unused terminal or a terminal connector.

AGAIN: THIS WORK SHOULD BE CARRIED OUT BY A LICENSED PROFESSIONAL.

The sensor probe should be connected across terminals 11 and 12, you may connect this device yourself. :lol:

Sorry this is the best I can offer as the text was hard for me to read even with my glasses. Someone else might like to verify. Couldn't open the instructions as my adobe doesn't support basic chinese characters. Will download the char set and have a look later.

Screwy

EDIT: Checked out the instructions, unsure what co-port (terminal 1) means, but I would still wire it as above, no spare terminal available so join the earth wires using a terminal connector.

I need to give a big massive thanks to Screwy :beerbang: - I wired it up last night as per his instructions and presto - my fermentation fridge now works!!!!!! Sitting at a wonderful 18c this morning.

Thanks Screwy

Latest posts

Back