ESB 3kg cans

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unclestewbrew

Reaction score
Hi fellas ,
Was at my LHBS the other day and grabbed one of these new cans they were advertising.
3kg of goop and a Safale 04 yeast for $ 29.95 - seems pretty good value to me .
Plenty of styles in the range too

Has anyone on here been brewing these ?
Hope to put mine down on the weekend so I will let you all know how it goes ,

Cheers
Stu

Yep, the Bavarian Wheat was a solid fav. Although I usually added a touch more hops and occasionally went with US05 instead of wb06.

I grabbed the Australian Draught to try.
Will do it as is without tinkering to get an idea of how they come out

Cheers

Back in the last millennium I used to quite enjoy the ESB 3KG Czech Pilsner. It used to come in a paint tin with actual pellet hops floating in the goop, and a saf yeast under the plastic lid :)

Looks like its still the same ;)

So I'm gathering these things have been around for a while ?

My LHBS was sort of promoting them as a new thing .......

They might be back from a long hiatus.

I only buy ESB brand extract now as its always seems fresh due to the high turn over I guess purchased from the brewshop at Peakhurst . It always seems to make excellent beers with great head retention I've yet to purchase any of their prehopped goop but will give it a try soon enough just out of curiosity. They've Had the 3kg cans there for some time and never noticed them off the shelves, their fresh wort kits are also great.

Should be able to bottle the one that I put down mid next week so I will keep everyone posted on how it turns out. Looking forward to trying it ,

Cheers

I used to brew these also around 2003. The Bavarian Wheat always had great results, and was a favourite. This was back in the days when the ESB factory was open and sold direct to the public, I think these days, ESB and The Brew Shop are owned by the same people.

Cheers,
Matt

That's 2 likes for the Bavarian Wheat , might be the next one into the fermenter

Hi Fellas ,
Just after a bit of advice here.
This brew has been in the fermenter for 2 weeks yesterday. in brew fridge at 20 degrees.
I also have a Coopers Sparkling Ale in there with it that has been fermenting for 6 days , activity has now stopped.
I wont be able to bottle the ESB brew till Saturday. I was thinking of taking the Coopers out of the fridge and leaving it at ambient and cold crashing the ESB brew for 4 days.
What should I do ? Will it harm the ESB brew if its in the fridge for 18 days at 20 degrees ?

Also ive never cold crashed before , do i just drop the temp controller to around 4 degrees and leave it ?

Any advice is appreciated ,

Cheers

Latest posts

Back