• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

EOI FRESH WORT CUBES

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garfield

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm throwing this up to gauge if there is any interest in fresh wort kits. I love to brew but don't consume very much these days. To keep my hobby going, I'm wondering if homebrewers without all grain gear would pay for cubes of fresh wort?

I'm not looking to turn a profit, just cover the cost of ingredients and a few bucks for utilities. For example, an average batch would work out about $25 for a 20L drum (note this usually hold 22L of hot brew).

Let me know if this might interest you. I brew a wide range of styles throughout the year. Located in Bomaderry/Nowra.

Cheers
Garf

Hello,

I'm throwing this up to gauge if there is any interest in fresh wort kits. I love to brew but don't consume very much these days. To keep my hobby going, I'm wondering if homebrewers without all grain gear would pay for cubes of fresh wort?

I'm not looking to turn a profit, just cover the cost of ingredients and a few bucks for utilities. For example, an average batch would work out about $25 for a 20L drum (note this usually hold 22L of hot brew).

Let me know if this might interest you. I brew a wide range of styles throughout the year. Located in Bomaderry/Nowra.

Cheers
Garf
I go through a fair few FWK's when im strapped for time and need a keg urgently. Got a mate thats just getting a keg fridge this week that will only be using FWK's. Problem is were down in Melbourne. If you have any way of getting them down here, maybe do a couple batches and the freight may be spread over the cost. Think the freights gonna be a killer on somethig so heavy though

I go through a fair few FWK's when im strapped for time and need a keg urgently. Got a mate thats just getting a keg fridge this week that will only be using FWK's. Problem is were down in Melbourne. If you have any way of getting them down here, maybe do a couple batches and the freight may be spread over the cost. Think the freights gonna be a killer on somethig so heavy though
Hey cheers for that. Yeah freight that far night hurt but I'll look into it. Appreciate the response anyway. Good to hear people interested. What's the going rate for a commercial FWK?

Hey cheers for that. Yeah freight that far night hurt but I'll look into it. Appreciate the response anyway. Good to hear people interested. What's the going rate for a commercial FWK?
Kegking, kegland and grain and grape are the usual go tos, start from about $40. My LHBS (greensborough) does them kit, dry hops and yeast for $50! Does some good ones aswell! Think he has a 200L system or something and does a couple batches a week

If you were in Newcastle I'd definitely be interested
Oh you from Newcastle? Then you're probably not the Mick Bourke I used to work for down here. That's good.... The price would triple for him :p

Thanks for putting in a vote. Cheers

If you can give me an idea of the styles you have available, I might be able to get some mates keen enough to make it worth the drive.

So, wotchagot?

you ever get closer to Wollongong ?

I got a baby coming in a few weeks so I'm def going to be chucking on some kits when I don't have time to brew for a couple months

If you can give me an idea of the styles you have available, I might be able to get some mates keen enough to make it worth the drive.

So, wotchagot?
Cool mate thanks for that. So, watigot? Right now I got nothing! I posted this to get an idea there was any interest. Since it's got some attention I'll put pen to paper and nut out exactly what I can sustain.

To give you an idea, here's the brews I've got planned for the next few months:

* Classic pilsner
* oatmeal IPA
* English amber ale (pseudo ESB)
* Golden Gaytime dessert beer
* Aussie sparkling ale
* little creatures pale clone

At a guess I'd say I'll have a cube up for grabs every fortnight (if I can find enough drums). If there's any opportunity to retrieve drums for brewers then I could bump that productivity up a bit.

Garf

At a guess I'd say I'll have a cube up for grabs every fortnight (if I can find enough drums). If there's any opportunity to retrieve drums for brewers then I could bump that productivity up a bit.

If your intersted and if you ever come up Sydney city (McMahons Point) way i have 8 15L empty All In brewing FWK drums. I need to get rid of them. I will be sending over to the recycling centre at some point otherwise.

Hello,

Cheers
Garf
I'm local to you Garfield and might be interested. Could probably help you out with a few empty 15ltr fwk cubes too.

I also have 4 x15 litre cubes with no home in sight.
Taking up too much room.
Gold Coast, Burleigh Heads.
Anyone interested respond with contact info.

Sounds like a great idea, I would be keen to make the trip from Canberra if there was a few batches available.

Only just started home brewing (got the first FWK ready for bottling), and was hoping to find someone locally who was willing to make me a batch or two at my expense (plus additional costs) to help me determine if I set up my own system.

Sounds like a great idea, I would be keen to make the trip from Canberra if there was a few batches available.

Only just started home brewing (got the first FWK ready for bottling), and was hoping to find someone locally who was willing to make me a batch or two at my expense (plus additional costs) to help me determine if I set up my own system.
Hey Phil, I'll likely be in Canberra at end of May. Send me a private message if you want to the up a possible delivery. Cheers

Hello,

Cheers
Garf
Absolutely yes id be interested in a nice APA id go 2 cubes at a time -and pay postage via startrack or similar to Melbourne
feel free to pm me details, thats a great price

Back