Braumeister Rental and/or sweet liquor, fresh wort production

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bbowzky1

Reaction score
Hey guys.

So I been thinking.... I'm working interstate atm on a 2 week on 2 week off touring type roster.

I was thinking possibly when I'm not home I could essentially hire out my BM out at a small fee for this who either want to transit to AG or even wanted to trial the equipment before forking over big bucks.

On the other hand tho, as I enjoy making beer but can never drink enough for what I wanna make, I could potentially make full or even double mashes (sweet liquor) for those who are time poor or even those who arnt quiet at AG stage yet. Further more I'm sure I'd even be able to make people to recipe fresh wort kits....

I am in Melbourne so definatly not looking to take on grain and grape or keg king in terms of fresh wort kits or anything like that but basically an addition to my hobby thus keeping me busy and helping out the broader home brew community.

Do you think the idea has Merritt?
Any concerning factors other then theft.
Any serious considerations I need to make those kinda things?

If selling wort, you likely need to look at legislation around food handling and compliance.

The idea of fw has merit if you do it right and there is demand.

The rental of equipment likewise although unless you are struggling financially, comes across as a bit tight to me. If you want to see it used, lend it. I have a good fry pan, some decent pots and a good set of chef's knives that I'd lend when not in use but renting out seems weird.

That said, I'm not your target demographic so it might be exactly what people are after.

If price included ingredients and a full demo, it would make more sense in my eyes.

If selling wort, you likely need to look at legislation around food handling and compliance.

The idea of fw has merit if you do it right and there is demand.

The rental of equipment likewise although unless you are struggling financially, comes across as a bit tight to me. If you want to see it used, lend it. I have a good fry pan, some decent pots and a good set of chef's knives that I'd lend when not in use but renting out seems weird.

That said, I'm not your target demographic so it might be exactly what people are after.

If price included ingredients and a full demo, it would make more sense in my eyes.

Yeah I see what ya saying.
The FW idea was mainly cause I like to brew but I'm limited to how much I can drink. Not going thru all the food handling licences and that tho.

As for a rental on the BM I don't know about giving it to people I don't know, and the small fee (rental whatever ya wanna call it, I was litterally thinking a couple a bucks swap for some beers that kinda thing ya know) was to more weed out the people thatd miss use it, borrow it just cause they could and those kinds. It was actually a genuine idea to help out people considering buying one or moving to AG, and better them use it, instead of it just sitting around.

Definatly not doing it hard financially, but if its making 2, 3 - 4 times the amount of beer, n then I gotta pay for repairs...... ya know

On another note tho when I am home for those 12 days a month I'd invite any serious home brewer over to do a brew day in me BM have a few beers outta the kezzer and even a few games of air hocky, pool or table tennis haha.
I'd probably rather that actually to be honest, means I know it's not gunna get thrived, broken or miss treated.

Last edited:
Back