• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

EOI - 800L Stainless Steel Vats NSW

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catcher

Reaction score
I am asking for expressions of interest for 800L stainless steel drums, as pictured. They will be about $750 each and I can get quite a few. Pick up will be in Cooma NSW but arrangements may be made depending on your location etc.

I don't own these drums but have been offered some, hence the post.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1396877907.697176.jpg

Catcher

1) Do you have any pics or description of the internal of the tanks?
2) Are there any internal welds?
3) What was the material in them previously?

Cheers
Paul

I can make out the words Parmalat South Brisbane on them so I assume dairy of some sort. Dairy stuff is usually made sanitary so could be suitable.

They were used for apple juice concentrate. Line up all your questions and when my mate visits the owner again in the next week or so I'll get him to ask all the questions and get measurements etc :)

My apologies, this is probably more appropriately listed as a "group buy". If admin wants to move it I would appreciate it, otherwise, just note it's a group buy. I do not own the items nor will I be profiting from them.

My bad sorry

I can add that to the list of questions :)

But from memory they are quite light for their size and can be lifted by 2 people. 100ish kg.

I'll confirm

My mate is heading out there Friday, he will confirm all questions and exactly how many are available etc.

So get all questions in by Thursday night

Ok so I apologise about the delay.

There are two types.

Type 1

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1397382738.728360.jpg

750w at legs x 1580h legs to bar hight x1050w dia

Type 2

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1397382953.077809.jpg

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1397383022.850970.jpg

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1397383055.319856.jpg

Similar Measurements to type 1.

No lids included. But you can get a circular piece made up.

No welds inside tanks

Pictures really tell the story.

I have negotiated the deal down to $600 per vat, which includes delivery to Cooma NSW. Payment must be made before delivery. I am happy to hold the items in my secure premises until you can collect.

He had 200 of these vats, he has a few dozen left and he said they won't last the month.

I am buy 3-4 and if you want one too get back to me ASAP, I am planning on ordering in the next 7-10 days.

Keen? Comment here and we will organise payment.

I'd like one of the second type (orange stripe) but will need assistance in the way of a forklift at your end to load onto a truck. Gotta get it to Tasmania.
Are they double-walled / insulated? What's the internal diameter?

ksbtas said:
I'd like one of the second type (orange stripe) but will need assistance in the way of a forklift at your end to load onto a truck. Gotta get it to Tasmania.
Are they double-walled / insulated? What's the internal diameter?
I don't have a forklift, but I could probably get it to one of the local freight depots if you like? I have a small fixed crane at work and can lift it onto a box trailer to move it.

I am unsure if they are double walled but considering they transported juice concentrate I doubt they are, so for the sake of this assume they aren't.

Sweet containers dude!

2" BSM fitting on the outlet?

I am not after one, but I am well keen to see what anyone gets up to with them.

Guys and Girls, Ladies and Gentlemen. Let me firstly apologise for being away from the forum for a period of time. My partner has been quite ill and has been hospitalised 3 times in the last 2-3 weeks. That combined with working 2 jobs and trying to start up my business, I haven't had a chance to scratch myself. So this has kind of taken a back seat for the last few weeks.

In relation to the drums, I am awaiting for confirmation from the seller. A concern was raised, as I was advised that the majority of the remaining drums have had the ball valve on the L shape drain removed (cut off) by the supplier (who sold them to the guy who is selling them to us) as he did not want them sold as pressure vessels. However he did manage to get a quite few (which are pictured) which are complete (less lid). Anyways, I am just waiting for him to call me back to confirm exactly how many in tact drums he has available.

Personally, I am not fussed, as for my own use I planned on modifying them anyways, so I am happy to take whatever he has. However a few of you have expressed interested in the drums as pictured, so they will get first pick, being THE GAS MAN and KSBTAS who will get the first 4 complete vats, anyone else who expresses interest will get the remaining and I will just take whatever is left over (I am getting 4-6 vats myself).

Anyways I will keep you all updated and try and get an answer for everyone over the weekend.

Again I apologise and feel free to post any comments or questions here.

Yep, still keen for one.

Planning on converting to a MLT, so won't be used as pressure vessel.

Latest posts

Back