Electrical Assistance Required For Bcs460

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dinner's always good when you're not the one preparing it :)

A few things....
E-Stop will require a higher current rating if it is placed where I said earlier (generally they're placed in a low voltage/low current control circuit - usually rated for 10A I think), this could be why they have done it this way
The 10kA means they are able to take 10000A before they disintegrate. They will trip as soon as 30mA of current leaks to earth. These RCD's are for your power and lights in the shed, you still need this system to be on it's own circuit, therefore another RCD in the shed board, in which case I would be looking at at least 25A (How big are your pump/s) To do this, will also have to determine the size of the breaker and cable supplying the shed board to see if it is able to handle it without upgrading.

Yeh I wouldn't worry about the contactors they are only so you can't turn the HLT and BOIL on at the same time...you have to remember to flick over to boil on switch 8 after you mash out in this system anyway, and the other does nothing (well could use as an extra off switch for RIMS)....If you take out the conatctors there's no need for Switch 8...Switches 5-7 (and 2-4) only need to be single pole 3 Position.

Oh not sure Steve is completely correct, the 5500W elements I think are actually 5500W @ 240V - notes at the bottom

See how you go with that, More than happy to review a new cad drawing

it has? Where?

that may well be quite an amusing read B)

The Well Shod Drunk thread from the other night comes to mind, which looks like it has been removed. Had to have been amusing to get removed! :lol:

Latest posts

Back