Eggplant Cannelloni

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bconnery

Share and Enjoy
Reaction score
I did a quick search to see if this had been here before and found nothing.
A new favourite in our house is this dish from the CSIRO diet recipe books. The diet is gone but the dish remains...

I don't use the recipe itself anymore but it's all pretty simple.

Make up your favourite mince recipe. I put a fair amount of veges in mine. Herbs, garlic etc.
ecmince.jpg

Slice up some decent size eggplant. You need some nice big slices ideally.
Roast one side in the oven.
eceggplant.jpg

Place the slices roasted side down and spoon on some of the mince.
Wrap them up and place in an oven dish.
eccanelloni.jpg

Pour over your favourite tomato based pasta sauce.
Sprinkle on some parmesan and bake it in the oven until the cheese melts to your preferred level.

ecallfinished.jpg

How many kind of depends on the eggplant size...

Looks great :)

Never cooked with egg plant before

Looks great :)

Never cooked with egg plant before
I went off it for years because my Mum went through a stage where she put it in all sorts of things.
Now that I have over the years rediscovered most of the things I "don't like" due to earlier eating habits eggplant is a regular.

That looks great BC, really makes me hungry atm!

Cheers SJ

Excellent, I'll try that when my eggplant get bigger. I grow buckets of them and there's always a heap of ratatouille in the fridge. If you grow them then don't pull them out at the end of the season as they become a perennial shrub that can last for a few years and give flush after flush of fruit, especially if you feed them on spent grain, hops and kettle trub :)

Latest posts

Back