eBay Items IV

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
do u mean you just replaced the cartridge screwtop?

Pok

I bought one of them 2 years ago for $40 inc 2 filters. They are not 1 micron absolute, send them an email and ask if you like. The price seemed to go up after they found out people were buying them for filtering home brew. I bought the correct filter from Craftbrewer.
I dont know about what filters that are being sold but you should filter down in progression so you do not bloc your final filter.Usually the final filter is the most expensive.So a spun pre filter of 2-3 micron then to a good quality pleated final is the way to go.As soon as you go absolute the price go up.Its cheaper and less complicated to choose a yeast that drops clear and then filter if you have to.My 2c worth.

pokolbinguy, i'm looking at getting this one.
link

Rook

Mmmm carbon filter.

Removes yeast, bitterness, flavour, aroma, the lot.

good for filtering the brewing water though.

Poc..... i bought one of these housings from here for $18 about 12 months back.

HE has cottoned onto the HB filter thing and jacked up the price.

I would get the propper "absolute" filter

the housings are fine

cheers

Mmmm carbon filter.

Removes yeast, bitterness, flavour, aroma, the lot.

good for filtering the brewing water though.

Poc..... i bought one of these housings from here for $18 about 12 months back.

HE has cottoned onto the HB filter thing and jacked up the price.

I would get the propper "absolute" filter

the housings are fine

cheers
Yes your right Tony .The housings are fine.But try to get one that has a bleed valve at the top.It stops a lot of potential O2 ingression.Sanitise then Purge the housing with CO2 .Should give you a great clear beer.Carbon filters are not for filtering beer as stated.

Yes your right Tony .The housings are fine.But try to get one that has a bleed valve at the top.It stops a lot of potential O2 ingression.Sanitise then Purge the housing with CO2 .Should give you a great clear beer.Carbon filters are not for filtering beer as stated.

I moved this disucssion to here "Beer Filter Options" so we can leave this thread for ebay stuff.

Pok

p.s. sorry about the short hijack.

wowsers. In bundoora too, thats like 2 seconds from my house...anyone know who's selling it? I remember a guy on here from Bundoora selling all his keg gear, possibly the same bloke?

I don't know who he is, but if I could afford it, I'd grab it and walk it to my place. Save me the effort of building my own set up thats for sure.

I don't know who he is, but if I could afford it, I'd grab it and walk it to my place. Save me the effort of building my own set up thats for sure.

You in bundy / watsy too? seems theres a few brewers round.

Should catch up for a beer one day.

Keg full of Boags. starting at 99c
Moorabbin HERE
recon it would be any good. im going to a party in the next few weeks and would prefer to take a cheap keg than my HB. plus id make myself damn popular

may be ok and most people may not know the difference, given it hasnt been sitting in the heat/sun.

and neway you get a free SS keg out of it. Im sure the owner of the keg doesnt know about it anymore.

Pok.

I thought you werent allowed to sell beer on ebay?

damn i only offered $40. well im not etting into a bidding war, you cna have em reVox :)

awwww. that's very kind of you :) the seller hasn't contacted me back (on the $50 offer) so who knows. Maybe some nut offered him $55 :blink:

Latest posts

Back