eBay Items III

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
coolum brewer said:
BIG new chest freezer with digital temperature control from +3 to -25C Link
[post="128281"][/post]​
Delivery cost to Melbourne, $314.
Ouch!

It doesn't really merit it's very own topic, so have included it in the ebay thread.

Aldi have very cheap thermometers starting tomorrow, Thursday. $2.99.

There are various styles, that cover different ranges. One for the fridge, one for the oven and one for room temp. Not good enough to brew with, but good for a general cheap idea as to what temp the brew room is.

TODAYS AUCTION IS FOR

THE HOME BREWER WHO HAS EVERY THING

THIS IS THE ULTIMATE

BEER FRIDGE

COMPLETE WITH 3 TAPS FITTINGS FOR POST MIXKEGS [NO KEGS]

GAS GAUGE

NO BOTTLE

WILL HOLD 4 POST MIX KEGS

4 SLABS OF GROG

2 SLABS OF COKE

1 DOZ GLASSERS

1 DOZ LARGE BOTTLES

AND ABOUT 24 LADIES DRINKS

ITS IN PERFECT WORKING ORDER

IT WILL HOLD ALL YOUR HOME BREW

IT WILL ALSO HOLD DRINKS FOR THE KIDS

WITH SPACE FOR MUMMY/S DRINKS

I AM UPDATING FOR A LARGER ONE

SELLING FRIDGE AND FITTINGS ONLY

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HOME-BREW-BEER-FRID...1QQcmdZViewItem

$1000

COMPLETE HOME BREW KIT

COMPLETE HOME BREW KIT COMES WITH

3 X 20 LITRE KEGS

BEER TAP, HOSES AND TRAY

6 X FLEMENTERS

4 X 20 LITRE DRUMS

10 KG'S OF DEXTROSE

STERILIZER, BUBLERS AND UTENSILS

ALL IN GOOD CONDITION READY FOR INSATLATION AND USE

PICK UP ONLY FROM BRAY PARK brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Starts @ $200.00

Keep your eye on what you are paying for postage and what they actually pay (check the attached post slip). a guy over east charged my $29 for postage and it only really cost $12.75. im having trouble getting the difference back from him.

I think you will find they can really put what ever they want for postage and "handling" and just say its the handling bit that cost that extra moolah.

Keep your eye on what you are paying for postage and what they actually pay (check the attached post slip). a guy over east charged my $29 for postage and it only really cost $12.75. im having trouble getting the difference back from him.

This is a way of decreasing their ebay fees, since the fee is only based on the sale price and doesn't include postage.

When bidding you should always check the postage costs, add the postage to your bid ammount and only bid what your willing to pay for the item in total.

This is a way of decreasing their ebay fees, since the fee is only based on the sale price and doesn't include postage.
That's right, if your placing a bid then you are accepting the postage costs as well, and the seller is not obliged to refund the difference between listed postage cost and actual cost.

Personally, I don't purchase items from such sellers as I consider it fraud.

From above, I agree it's a cheap way of sticking you for an extra few bucks. Stand your ground when you see the shipping charges are over priced. Don't pay and ask for a more realistic shipping price (you can usually work out what it should cost via AusPost website).

Or. Don't bid unless you get a postage quote.

I've had one or two non paying bidders lately and was a little amused when I actually found out how ebay deals with non-paying bidders-basically they don't. This is a piss weak stance on ebay's behalf IMO because the only way to recoup your listing and final value fees is if you lodge a mutual agreement with the seller to not complete the transaction. This means that the seller doesn't get any record of being a non-paying bidder and all these issues then remain hidden. Makes ebay look like a happy little bidding heaven were everything runs smoothly and everyone's happy. It's far from the truth.

To make things worse if your seller doesn't agree to your mutual withdrawal just out of spite then you lose your listing and fees money anyway. I think it's crap that your refund relies on the person at screwed you round in the first place.

I hate ebay and their policies but unfortunately it is one of the few ways to sell and buy obscure things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back