eBay Items III

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lucas said:
2 kegs $91.20 buy it now

If I were to buy those, what other stuff would I need? they seem to underline the fact that they are ball lock? is that non-standard?
[post="126876"][/post]​

When you add on the $30 postage you might be better to get one you know works for $80 from a HBS.

RobW said:
lucas said:
2 kegs $91.20 buy it now

If I were to buy those, what other stuff would I need? they seem to underline the fact that they are ball lock? is that non-standard?
[post="126876"][/post]​

When you add on the $30 postage you might be better to get one you know works for $80 from a HBS.
[post="126947"][/post]​
good point, with postage its like $120 vs $160 and its probably worth the $40 for the first two just so i get a feel how everything works before i start trying to fix stuff

They are unconditioned too so you need to add at least another $15-$20 for new o-rings etc. I would much rather buy one from a HBS that is pressure tested and ready to roll right off the bat.

WOW thats alot of grolsch bottles... Good way to get your own beer warehouse started :p

pokolbinguy said:
WOW thats alot of grolsch bottles... Good way to get your own beer warehouse started :p
[post="127070"][/post]​

And some of them even have beer in them.

cheers
johnno

johnno said:
1630 grolsch bottles. Plus 51 1.5 litre bottles.

Save your money and put together an AG system.
[post="127069"][/post]​

2 Grand!!! Imagine the kegging system you could set up for even half that... Stuff Grolsch bottles IMHO.

Yes thats very true... i know what i would rather spend $2000 on other than grolsch bottles..... like travelling to europe to drink grolsch from tap :p

would be a good bargain for bottles if you won the auction at a low price .... like $10 :D

I have 270 Grolsch bottles and dozens?? <_< HEAPS of 750ml bottles and only one third of them full :( I still bottle for take-away etc. If you are in SE Qld and want any PM me, I am buying more kegs in the morning [need the cash].

Guys, eBay has listed a 320 litre chest freezer (Buy it now) for $100!!

Linky

Cheers, wish I could grab it - again it's NSW, pick up only...

bugwan said:

Linky

[post="127219"][/post]​

That's a good buy!
Wish I could get my beery little hands on that one.

Batz

Has anyone had experience positive or otherwise with these self contained kegs ?
Picture_2.png
Edit :Inserted piccy for lazy folk like me :p

lucas said:
2 kegs $91.20 buy it now

[post="126876"][/post]​
I took a chance and recently bought 2 non-reconditioned kegs from this seller which arrived yesterday for a grand total of $101.50 which included postage.
Both came very pressurised, I highly doubt there are any leaks. Apart from a good clean/sanitise and removing the labels from one of them, I don't think I will have to do a single thing to them. The lid seals were nearly perfect in condition, and there were no dings in the sides. :beerbang:
Maybe I got lucky, but they were definitely a great buy. I'd have to say they were better than my other kegs which I ordered directly from overseas.

I just thought I'd provide some feedback on these items from this particular seller. And just for the record, no I am not the seller or do I even know the person.

Batz said:
bugwan said:

Linky

[post="127219"][/post]​

That's a good buy!
Wish I could get my beery little hands on that one.

Batz
[post="127224"][/post]​
It just so happens my mate is the new town planner in Blayney. Hoping my bid holds up. Long way to go for someone not planning a trip out there.

Anyone in Melb looking a for 20ltr birko urn for a smallish HLT?

Clicky

Millet Man said:
Anyone in Brissy looking for a HLT/Boiler, 40lt urn here.

Cheers, Andrew.
[post="127739"][/post]​

Warning, don't buy it. I've got one just like it, they are not powered, they are simply a large insulated container, with a thick dual wall setup and with sand in the middle. You could possibly insert an element, but it would be a lot of trouble.

jgriffin said:
Millet Man said:

Cheers, Andrew.
[post="127739"][/post]​

Warning, don't buy it. I've got one just like it, they are not powered, they are simply a large insulated container, with a thick dual wall setup and with sand in the middle. You could possibly insert an element, but it would be a lot of trouble.
[post="128085"][/post]​

Oops! Should have read the fine print. Might be OK for a mash tun though with a false bottom installed.

Cheers, Andrew.

jgriffin said:
Millet Man said:

Cheers, Andrew.
[post="127739"][/post]​

[post="128085"][/post]​

i reckon it would make a good 40ltr mash tun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back