Ebay - Handyimports Stockpots

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
71L is currently at the welder being modified for a mash tun. Initial inspection seems fine - lid fits well, fairly solid handles, etc. Bargain!

I've spent more at the welder than the pot is worth!! :)

Good to hear the quality of these appear promising. Mine should arrive tomorrow. :beer:

Cheers, John.

My second pot turned up last week.
Drilled a hole through the side of it fitted a ball valve, false bottom etc:
Did my first brew with the new mash/lauter tun setup on Monday and all when pretty well.
So yeah I'm pretty rapped with the two pots I have.
They have made brew day easier for me aswell...

My second pot turned up last week.
Drilled a hole through the side of it fitted a ball valve, false bottom etc:
Did my first brew with the new mash/lauter tun setup on Monday and all when pretty well.
So yeah I'm pretty rapped with the two pots I have.
They have made brew day easier for me aswell...

Post some pics brad. I want to have a good look at these suckers.

No worries here's some photo's.

IMG_0374.JPG

IMG_0375.JPG

IMG_0376.JPG

IMG_0377.JPG

IMG_0378.JPG

IMG_0379.JPG

IMG_0381.JPG

103_1376.JPG

71 litre arrived today :icon_chickcheers:

It seems to be a good quality, solid unit. Sturdy handles. As said above, it has a 'brushed' look.

I am happy so far.

103_1379.JPG

103_1377.JPG

The only thing is that The Boss will not allow me to christen it before Christmas. :(

It hurt putting it back in the box...

View attachment 42690

71 litre arrived today :icon_chickcheers:

It seems to be a good quality, solid unit. Sturdy handles. As said above, it has a 'brushed' look.

I am happy so far.

View attachment 42691

Just bumping this one for anyone keen to upgrade and save some cash. Again, it seems to be great quality. No affiliation etc.
Cheers, John.

I got one of these from the same guys. Quick shipping, good communication, very good price. Done 2 BIAB on stove top with it and had no problems, except that I purchased a 50ltr pot, with 50ltr written on the box etc, but it only holds just over 40ltr. They gave me a $30 refund when I complained though.

103_1382.JPG

Filled with 60 litres of 26'C water with about 13 cm head space...

103_1381.JPG

Filled with 70 litres...

So it looks like the capacity is correct. I'm thinking even with the expansion of the wort at high temps, I should squeeze in a 40 litre batch. I usually start off with a slow boil in my 35ish litre pot and crank it up (and boil for 90 minutes anyway, so the evaporation rate will be fine) at 60 mintues once a bit of evaporation has occurred. Haven't had a boil over yet, so fingers crossed.
Cheers, John.

View attachment 42851

Filled with 60 litres of 26'C water with about 13 cm head space...

View attachment 42852

Filled with 70 litres...

So it looks like the capacity is correct. I'm thinking even with the expansion of the wort at high temps, I should squeeze in a 40 litre batch. I usually start off with a slow boil in my 35ish litre pot and crank it up (and boil for 90 minutes anyway, so the evaporation rate will be fine) at 60 mintues once a bit of evaporation has occurred. Haven't had a boil over yet, so fingers crossed.
Cheers, John.

Hi all.

These pots looks pretty good. Does anyone know how they compare to a robinox pot or the keg kings pots. Especially in terms of wall thickness and sturdiness

Hi all.

These pots looks pretty good. Does anyone know how they compare to a robinox pot or the keg kings pots. Especially in terms of wall thickness and sturdiness

Mate, I have had a quick look at the Robinox and cried at the price, but they are high quality.
Handyimports are fairly thick and the base is about 5 mm. Sturdy handles, strong rivets.
I have had some rust spots (which do scrub away) and discolouration in mine and you need to give them a thorough wash out with PBW or nappisan before use.
I sent the retailer an email about the rust stains but his reply must have been lost in cyber space :angry:
I think they are good value, but don't expect quality like the Robinox.

Cheers, John.

Mate, I have had a quick look at the Robinox and cried at the price, but they are high quality.
Handyimports are fairly thick and the base is about 5 mm. Sturdy handles, strong rivets.
I have had some rust spots (which do scrub away) and discolouration in mine and you need to give them a thorough wash out with PBW or nappisan before use.
I sent the retailer an email about the rust stains but his reply must have been lost in cyber space :angry:
I think they are good value, but don't expect quality like the Robinox.

Cheers, John.

i bought a 98 litre one , with the intention of buying 3 for my new brew build

i noticed a ring of rust all around the inside about 20mm from the base

i thought ... stainless steel should not rust ...

i then proceeded to test if my rambo burner would boil 80 litres

anyway, after 30 mins i noticed some water bead outside the pot ..... go figure ... bloody thing leaked !!!!

crappy welding and treatment of the weld that my untrained eye didnt notice at first

the vendor was very fair and offered a replacement, i opted for a refund instead as i was unsure whether they would all be like that, and obviously if i drilled a hole the vendor would not accept it back if the next one was faulty as well

i ended up getting 3 robinox 98 ltr for $350 each

i was happy to pay $350 instead of $289 for a pot that didnt leak

Mate, that's no good. Did it leak from the hadle rivets?

Cheers, John.

Mate, that's no good. Did it leak from the hadle rivets?

Cheers, John.

the base of the pot is welded to the cylinder of the pot about 20mm up from the base, basically inside the pot you see it curve up the wall and then straighten ... just after it straightens up the wall, there is a weld all round the pot joining the 2 parts,

in my case the weld mark was visible because it had rusted through, probably coz it wasnt treated correctly when being welded, this is where it was leaking from

the base of the pot is welded to the cylinder of the pot about 20mm up from the base, basically inside the pot you see it curve up the wall and then straighten ... just after it straightens up the wall, there is a weld all round the pot joining the 2 parts,

in my case the weld mark was visible because it had rusted through, probably coz it wasnt treated correctly when being welded, this is where it was leaking from

this is where the 2 parts are welded and where my pot leaked
weld.JPG

No good, mate. I wonder how many others have had the same problem.

Back