• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
talco92 said:
Need an immersion element!
I've actually been very tempted to throw a few designs together (I did an element design traineeship years ago) and get onto someone like Thermal Electric Elements, Helios or Romar to see how much it would set us back to make say 100 or so of each design
could be a good way to get us some elements built to our exact preferences

sp0rk said:
I've actually been very tempted to throw a few designs together (I did an element design traineeship years ago) and get onto someone like Thermal Electric Elements, Helios or Romar to see how much it would set us back to make say 100 or so of each design
If we're brainstorming, I'd like one that doesn't electrocute me

Thanks for the tip on the thermapen, ordered one. Always wanted one but couldn't justify the huge price tag of brand new.

sp0rk said:
I'm currently in the design phase of getting a 4800w element made up to suit a braumeister clone setup. I would be interested if you could get the price down.

I purchased an immersion element from Thermal Electric Elements recently, great to deal with. Can get you contact details of the engineer I dealt with if you are interested?

sp0rk said:

Tony121 said:
I purchased an immersion element from Thermal Electric Elements recently, great to deal with. Can get you contact details of the engineer I dealt with if you are interested?
I used to work there ;)

sp0rk said:
I used to work there ;)

Well there you go, I will just get back in my box then!

Seriously though, found them great to deal with and good quality so highly recommend. Must be said not the cheapest option though.

Tony121 said:
Well there you go, I will just get back in my box then!

Seriously though, found them great to deal with and good quality so highly recommend. Must be said not the cheapest option though.
Yeah, their gear is top notch and WELL worth the price
But probably above the desired price range most of us will be hoping for, so might have to shop around

We found Cynebar in Albion also really great to deal with for heating elements and control.

I know its stainless, but is that really a reasonable price???

A redback cheaper for a 54 litre rig, but then if it needs to be shipped.
I personally think it's a good price with room for negotiation for anyone interested in New.

Moad said:
That seems expensive.

I've got a ~100L morebeer conical, what would be a reasonable price for that?
Brand new and eligible for free shipping = about half the cost of a blichmann 54.8 Lt

The Blichmann 54 litre pro series can be bought for $1500 brand new in Australia. The blow off kit is another $225.
If you could get it for a bit less, say $1000-1200, probably worth it as they're always out of stock and you need to order/wait for shipment.

Back