• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Id be concerned about buying a hard to get hop from ebay. What assurances to you have that is actually is citra?

azampech said:
Id be concerned about buying a hard to get hop from ebay. What assurances to you have that is actually is citra?
Your nose and ebay money back guarantees?

But yeah a reputable site sponsor or other more well known sources is a sure bet...

56L SS pot

$50 for a 56L pot would appear to be bloody good value, but seems a little too good to be true compared to what else is available. Any thoughts?

Located in Heidelberg

jlkelly19 said:
56L SS pot

$50 for a 56L pot would appear to be bloody good value, but seems a little too good to be true compared to what else is available. Any thoughts?

Located in Heidelberg
those are on the thin side

MastersBrewery said:
those are on the thin side
Does it matter if you are going electric?

I went with the 38L crab cooker from BCF. It's aluminium but reasonably thick. I regret not going bigger and I figure thin pots don't matter if the element is in the pot.

Thoughts?

Ive got pretty thin pots with electric elements and dont have any issues with the thickness

DJ_L3ThAL said:
Ive got pretty thin pots with electric elements and dont have any issues with the thickness
TWSS

DJ_L3ThAL said:
Out of curiosity what elements do you use, and where did you source them from?

5 star elements, have a 3600W in HLT and a 3600W and 2400W in my kettle which boils ~6L/hr, just enough for triple batches which is the limit of my pots anyway. Couldn't recommend them more highly, about 7 brews in and haven't skipped a beat. No affiliation just a happy customer. Had an electrician wire them up through an RCD.

http://www.5stardistilling.net/weldless-2400w-element-guard/

DJ_L3ThAL said:
5 star elements, have a 3600W in HLT and a 3600W and 2400W in my kettle which boils ~6L/hr, just enough for triple batches which is the limit of my pots anyway. Couldn't recommend them more highly, about 7 brews in and haven't skipped a beat. No affiliation just a happy customer. Had an electrician wire them up through an RCD.

http://www.5stardistilling.net/weldless-2400w-element-guard/
Awesome. Thanks for the info!

Latest posts

Back