• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shinjuku said:
I think that because the transaction is with a vendor located here in Australia you have the benefit of protection of Australian consumer laws, on top of whatever protections ebay offers.

As to the comment that the rivet holes might leak, the vessel is clearly being sold as a pressure sealed unit so if it does leak you can get a refund as it would not be fit for purpose (again, Australian consumer laws apply).

All that said, the vendor offers a one year warranty on his ebay page.

DU99 said:
postage is a bit steep on above item.
postage is steep but its half the price of the eBay item. so if you add the price of the item plus postage it's still less than what it's going for on eBay... get it now? :p

ebay australia dude just sends orders here puts in your address and 'free shipping' but charges for that free shipping in his price already, so its not free

shinjuku said:
postage is steep but its half the price of the eBay item. so if you add the price of the item plus postage it's still less than what it's going for on eBay... get it now? :p
Not really. The one from AliExpress was US$107.98 to be shipped to Australia, which is around AUD$140. The one on ebay sold for AUD$112.

Either way, I'd be tempted to look at something like this, which I can view in-store, check the welds, and have a place to return it to easily if required. Price isn't that much different.

Aliexpress has its own buyer protection, (saved me a lot of money having introduced my wife to it,) but it would be cheaper to do a bulk buy of a quality fermenter from Alibaba may only need to buy 10, I bought a 60 litre one off there some years ago and it only cost $30 shipping as they often get containers not quite full and squeeze other items on.

eMPTy said:
I want to know who the one person is with that on their watch list....
sorry, that was me.... i was waiting for the 99.9% discount sale....

The guy on here selling a 50L for less than that.... Now that IS a find!

Latest posts

Back