• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fraser_john said:
looks like a Harris from the coloring
hjarris actually have harris on the labelling im pretty sure, so this just looks like an ebay cheapy unfortunately

Hence "interesting" I figured that the listing should have read something along the lines of 'precursor chemicals thoroughly rinsed out'

Hence "interesting" I figured that the listing should have read something along the lines of 'precursor chemicals thoroughly rinsed out'

Methadone comes in brown 2.5 litre bottles, therefore all 2.5 litre brown bottles have contained methadone (or any chemical)... FALSE

They are Amber Reagent Bottles that can be bought (empty, clean) from most lab. supply outlets and make great growlers

NewtownClown said:
Methadone comes in brown 2.5 litre bottles, therefore all 2.5 litre brown bottles have contained methadone (or any chemical)... FALSE

They are Amber Reagent Bottles that can be bought (empty, clean) from most lab. supply outlets and make great growlers
I've used these before, can get them from the lab at work, but I normally only use the Acid bottles that I know will completely clean out. I would say that there is a good chance these were not bought new and empty and who knows what was in them. So unless this guys has a believable story I would avoid....

Either way are they safe at pressure? Namely 2.5-3 vols CO2?
Rather, are they actually rated for pressure - instead of whether someone's managed to use them without blowing it up yet?

technobabble66 said:
Either way are they safe at pressure? Namely 2.5-3 vols CO2?
Rather, are they actually rated for pressure - instead of whether someone's managed to use them without blowing it up yet?
Yeah good thick old school glass. Cap would be the weak point.

stienberg said:
Went for $239 + 20% ~= $287

Still a bargain. Hope someone here got it.
how did I miss this, I have been searching for a 6 tap font for a few weeks... back to the drawing board.

25 litre stainless steel fermentor for $112 + free delivery

Seems to be a cheaper alternative to the stainless Brew Bucket. And might fit better in some fridges.

Interesting that it ships from China but the transaction is handled here by an Australian.

Pity its not 30 litres for the extra head space.

ss fermentor.jpg

EDIT: link - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/25L-Stainless-Steel-Homebrew-Fermenter-/111694183065?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item1a017dfa99

Looks like same stock pots that were coming from China earlier in this thread I bought a 27l pot to use as a fermenter, very poor build very thin and dodgy looking welds that would be an issue cleaning and sanitising, decided against fermenting in it. I could be wrong they might be different pots

Feldon said:
25 litre stainless steel fermentor for $112 + free delivery

Seems to be a cheaper alternative to the stainless Brew Bucket. And might fit better in some fridges.

Interesting that it ships from China but the transaction is handled here by an Australian.

Pity its not 30 litres for the extra head space.

attachicon.gif
ss fermentor.jpg

EDIT: link - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/25L-Stainless-Steel-Homebrew-Fermenter-/111694183065?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item1a017dfa99

or just buy direct http://www.aliexpress.com/item/30-L-stainless-steel-bucket-fermentation-tank-for-vodka-moonshine-whisky-wine-beer-bucket-Wine-Fermenter/32346598472.html

thats where blokes getting em from im sure

they look shite

you can see the poor join on the inside (left inside) in the pic..

and rivets holes... but they will leak after a while if your lifting full not to mention infection risk

IMO you would just be better fermenting in 50L kegs with the top cut off and cling wrap them

Back