• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
technobabble66 said:
If you need to measure temp with a thermometer, then this thermapen is a hands down winner. As soon as you can afford it, definitely worth getting one.
I guess if you have no need for an individual thermometer then you don't need it. But then again, that's kinda obvious [emoji185][emoji1]
You make a compelling argument so I bought one. I will find a use!

nosco said:
Unless im reading this wrong (my German is a bit not existent) for $300ish you could also have an 11.18lt Spiegalau IPA glass.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/182248927757

Edit. Link.
You're reading it right. Germans love their over-sized beer vessels. This one says it's 51cm high with a diameter of 22.5cm (I'm assuming at its widest point).

... after 11L of IPA.... wouldnt you be worried about breaking it?

Free Bar with stools

$_20.JPG

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/worongary/other-furniture/timber-veneer-bar-with-two-stools/1122026208

kaiserben said:
You're reading it right. Germans love their over-sized beer vessels. This one says it's 51cm high with a diameter of 22.5cm (I'm assuming at its widest point).
Looks like it could make a pretty good little fermenter

That is yes and at that price I'd run down my grandmother to get it. They are a Myton Rodd; 43L from memory. great for fermenting, if you get it pm me and I'll link the thread to re kit the seals and such.

It's 9hrs20mins drive from my house. I'd be all over it if we're in VIC, sometimes it's just painful searching eBay/Gumtree

Listen, just keep watching gumtree and eBay. Save searches for "keg" that are within a radius you are willing to drive. Things like this do pop up in Gippsland, as well as Eastern Suburbs and Peninsula. In a year you should be able to collect 4.

You'll need to buy kits to rebuild them, usually around $20. G&G, Brewman (currently one of my preferred providers (zero affiliation) and NHB have them, of the ones I know. Oh yeah, and Greensborough Home Brewing(??).

I recently had a pleasurable couple of nights rebuilding six of the 40-ish litre kegs. Haven't weighed them out yet empty and filled.

Benn said:
Love it when my own Gumtree ads end up here.
Get it off my hands before SWMBO turns it into some weird water feature. I want it to hold Australian home brewed beer, not US Pale Ale.

Located in Canberra and happy to post at buyers expense (with an AHB member discount ey Mardoo?)

Nice and very inexpensive!! I'm happy I have spent my available $$ on knowledge, but really wish I had the VERY LITTLE dosh to spare for this. ******* buy it already!!! Let me get on with regretting not buying this! (How's that mtb???)

Latest posts

Back