• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. I've got 14 x 1.8m panels over 75mm thick I picked up for a slab of CPA. Must get around to that cool room soon.

Just purchased this electric hoist for what will become my QldKev style 1V system. It has been on my watch list for a while, so jumped on board with the sale. Under $100 delivered is pretty good IMHO.

With a 100L 'malt pipe', there's no way I was going to try and manually lift it :mellow:

Hey sponge,
OT, but are you planning on having the hoist mobile or fixed? I can't find any info on making a mobile setup on the cheap. Would need the hoist in front of me to sort something out.

Edit: a gantry-type setup or even a solid tube

Cheers.

angus_grant said:
Hey sponge,
OT, but are you planning on having the hoist mobile or fixed? I can't find any info on making a mobile setup on the cheap. Would need the hoist in front of me to sort something out.
Cheers.
I had a bloke weld me an A Frame up I designed it so different size top bars could be fitted in case I wanted to use it over a 6'x4' trailer. It also works good if you have a one level 3 vessel setup and want to lift them at different stages.
gallery_5481_1086_28011.jpg

Where did you grab the wheel assembly to mount the hoist on the bar?

On looking at your photo, the hoist just slides along the bar, right?

Just to clear up the confusion I have caused: I am looking to use the hoist to shift malt pipes and fermenters round the place. Instead of carrying them myself.

Lazy and a recently healed back injury had led me to wanting to protect my back a little from unnecessary lifting.

Yea the hoist has a couple of 'hooks' on it, and I'll have a rod along the roof of the brewing shed to move it. I only want to be able to move it so that I can start cleaning the 'malt pipe' whilst the boil is on, otherwise it would just be hanging above the kettle.

angus_grant said:
Where did you grab the wheel assembly to mount the hoist on the bar?
On looking at your photo, the hoist just slides along the bar, right?
Just to clear up the confusion I have caused: I am looking to use the hoist to shift malt pipes and fermenters round the place. Instead of carrying them myself.
Lazy and a recently healed back injury had led me to wanting to protect my back a little from unnecessary lifting.
What about hanging a length of shed sliding door track from the shed rafters using all thread,set your rig up underneath it .
Chuck a couple of good sliding door rollers in it to suspend the hoist bracket from, you can then slide your pots etc to the left or right.

I have a couple of heavy duty rollers for a large sliding door Angus you're welcome to them if you pay the postage, you will have to find a steel merchant for a track offcut though. I do have a lighter pair of rollers which will do the job I will have a look for them tomorrow if you go the other way with the gantry make sure you get a couple of wheels with brakes on them otherwise you could end up in strife.

angus_grant said:
Hey sponge,

Edit: a gantry-type setup or even a solid tube

Cheers.
I had mine fabed into the stand, though it does need bolting down if your going to swing it across.
20150110_101839.jpg
The post swivels about where the black stopper is to allow the malt pipe to be lowered to the floor, with a loaded malt pipe this over balances the whole rig unless it's bolted down or you lean against it, redesign the stand to allow for that and your sweet, hasn't bothered me so far. I'm yet to bolt it down, though when I do I'll use wing nuts.

MB

Ed spullin

It's not really a big enough shed to warrant the complexity of a gantry.

What I'm thinking now is some tube which I can mount into brackets either side of the shed. Hoist on some rollers so I can shift the full malt pipe out of the road for cleaning.

Or transfer a fermenter up onto the bench for transferring into a keg. I'll need some brackets in each wall as the fridges are at 90 degrees to the bench.

Wide eyed: would your light rollers bolt the hoist to some tune?

Just bought 4 x 25 ltr cubes for $5 each.

Thirsty camel bottle shop on Victoria street in seddon.

Previously held port in them..

Latest posts

Back