• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
technobabble66 said:
Mmmm ... Port in plastic drums. Yummy!
Taking the goon bag to a new level. :lol:
Goon of fortune would be dangerous with 25 litres per corner of the hills hoist.

They have 4 massive wine barrels that you can fill up your own flagons from. So they use the cube to top them up.

Lochem, here you go.
image.jpg this blade is put in a power saw to cut the panel.
It cuts on the downward turn and pushes both cuts down,so no sharp edges.
Using this you need to cut from both faces,then run a handsaw through the foam inner,it also doesn't cause sparks that can stuff the panel finish etc.
image.jpg
image.jpg
These are pics of an esky I made from scrap years ago,you can see angles on the internal and external corners.
The corners of the panels themselves need to be cut at 45 degrees so the angles will cover the cut.
End cuts,cut outs for doors/ windows etc are straight cuts then capped.
The ,tops and bottoms of the panels are held in place by capping channel that suits the panel thickness.
A capping channel is fixed to the floor and up the wall if required,the panels then fitted one after the other,the panels clip together along their edge ( no joiner needed ).
Another channel is fitted along the top to hold it together.
Once the channels are fitted and riveted in place the corner angles are cut to fit between the channels and riveted.
Then fit channels around the openings etc. job done.
Cheers....spog....

Yeah,it's bulky and reasonably heavy,it's had a hard life and due to abuse leaks like a sieve ( much like its owner) :)
It has served me well over the years and has stood up better than many an esky ever would,mind you the sharp edges have caught many unwary drunken tradies/ farmers/general piss pots and I many a time.

There's a 14 gallon blichmann conical for sale on Gumtree, located at deception Bay, $500. Thought someone might be interested

Latest posts

Back