• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alex.Tas said:
Is there any way to tell if they have been obtained legally? I thought that the brewery retains ownership for most kegs like that. If that's the case buying would be illegal wouldn't it?
Not technically illegal unless you know youre buying illegal kegs, youve got plausable deniability in most instances of gumtree/ebay kegs though
More a civil thing than criminal though, essentially one can't sell what he doesnt have true title to, so you wont cop fines or penalties for buying a commercial keg from a classified but the brewery does at the end of the day has the right to take it back into their possesion, but really its not worth their time or money to

Bulleen aldi. Might be worth a look

1414220010864.jpg

nathanvonbeerenstein said:
Not technically illegal unless you know youre buying illegal kegs, youve got plausable deniability in most instances of gumtree/ebay kegs though
More a civil thing than criminal though, essentially one can't sell what he doesnt have true title to, so you wont cop fines or penalties for buying a commercial keg from a classified but the brewery does at the end of the day has the right to take it back into their possesion, but really its not worth their time or money to
Now here's a man I would love to have as my legal rep in court!! very impressed.

nathanvonbeerenstein said:

hellbent said:
Now here's a man I would love to have as my legal rep in court!! very impressed.
Yes your honour - that was the legal advice i got....

off the internet...

from some guy I've never met...

on a beer forum.

Latest posts

Back