Ebay Filter, any good?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought the one from craftbrewer and it works very well. I heard some of the eBay ones are a bit bodgey.
From my own personal experience a filter is a bit of unnecessary bling. I now only use it if I add polyclar. I do keg. If you bottle could be useful so you don't have to cold crash and then add yeast. Otherwise just stick your FV in a fridge for a week or so.... Your beer will be crystal clear and you don't have to clean and dry out a filter all the time.

The devil is in the detail Guy, nominal in the 1 micron nominal versus 1 micron absolute for the more expensive craft brewer filter. Absolute takes out more yeast than nominal for the same micron rating. I got the unit from Craftbrewer, works great.

They do a absolute filter to but its more expensive, Well was when I bought it. They work well but only used it twice as its more hassle then its worth I think, I don't care if my beers not see threw lol

Thanks for the info. I have only recently moved to kegging and I have found that my normal 3-4 days cold conditioning isn't enough to drop enough yeast out of suspension, at least not until a week or two in the keg.

I will take another look at the craft brewer one. I am enjoying the immediacy of kegging and for at least the next few brews I can't see myself being patient enough to cold condition much longer!

Thanks

I cold condition for 2-5 days depending how quick I need it lately since I didnt brew for 2 years they was 2 days to fill the kegs, Bit of yeast wont kill you. Though it comes out quick in the morning haha

Latest posts

Back