Ebay Dirty Tricks

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bighanno

Reaction score
I don't think the sniper or similar is fair play. I'm sure I got done!! That's why I'm spleen venting. :angry:

Sniper is an eBay sniper that automates the process of placing your eBay bid in the closing seconds of any eBay bidding auction. In the last seconds of the auction a new bid has appeared, too late for you to respond. You've been sniped.

Ahh, yes. Hmm... well, it's how it works, eh? It goes to the person who puts up the highest bid! I've been on both sides of the equation, and I'm not too fussed.

As a bidder though the aim is to keep the high as low as you can. Win some lose some.

Mate,

Ive perfected the art without any software!

welcome to the war!!

Im with Linz, I try not to place a bid until the last few seconds.... no point bidding early and driving the price up :D

There's more than sniper to worry about, like mates biddding on each other to force the $ up, you lose then get offerred a 2nd chance. Most of the time I refuse the 2nd chance when I think there has been a double team!

big,

I always put a max price I would pay for the item and then wait till the death to bid. if the 2nd offer comes..its in my price range; not the price the item sold for..
nearly went kirem for the theakstons pump.....

bighanno said:
There's more than sniper to worry about, like mates biddding on each other to force the $ up, you lose then get offerred a 2nd chance. Most of the time I refuse the 2nd chance when I think there has been a double team!
[post="121268"][/post]​

if you suspect a double team (technicaly shilling) report it to ebay. They do taker action against that sort of thing.

As for sniping... one bid one win is my motto :ph34r:

Cheers
Dave

it happens all the time
A good tip is to have 3 or 4 bidding windows open with your various bids,seconds before the end submit each bid In one fast move Ive won a few times using this method.but at the end of the day somethings only worth what your willing to pay

Linz, theakstons pump? I didn't get it.

I put in what I would be willing to pay and that is it.

If i get out bid then bad luck

NO, neither did I. When I woke up to bid, it was already past my price too...you(kirem) were the last highest bidder I saw when I went to bed the night before.

I'm a death-knell bidder who puts in his "max price" he'd pay for it - hoping to scoop any rivals. If you start bidding early, you just begin a bidding war! Tough tits for the seller, but thats how the system works. My method is fair to me, but it doesn't always work, because if the price is higher than my max before I would normally bid - I dont even bother bidding. Win some, lose some!

I know what it's like, I've sold a second hand 18month old computer motherboard, 0$ (give away) no reserve, people got in early (I'll put 50c on it!; Hey I'll get it for a dollar!, etc.etc.) and a bidding war on it started, and I ended up getting enough money to buy a brand new replacement one!! (i.e. I got $90 for it). I couldn't believe my luck, but of course this doesn't happen that often (just beginners luck really).

Latest posts

Back