Ebay - China Post delivery times

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It usually always takes ~3 weeks for me, maybe 4 weeks around new year.
I order a fair bit of stuff, but always small packages ... electronic components & what-not.

Avian flu takes roughly 12 hours.
Even less with a favorable tailwind.

Just an update on 3 of my orders from ebay. They have all been refunded and i have just made an order with auberins for pids. More expeny but i suppose quicker and a lot more reliable.
One company even had the cheek to send me an email after 5 weeks saying due to airport security checks getting stricker, they want to resend the items to me but unfortunately they are not in stock. What would you like to do? What did they think i'd say?
So now im still waiting on 4 other items to turn up. Who knows. Looks like our days of buying cheap stuff from china is over :(

Macca

Edit: spelling

anywhere from 2-6 weeks is the norm

I think some of the people that flog stuff in china don't even have the products in stock and have an auto goods sent program running on ebay and this is part of the problem why it can take so long and sometimes stuff is not even sent, so they just give you a refund no questions asked

I think from memory only once have I had goods turn up after I was given a refund and simply repaid the supplier, but it is a pain in the arse when you wait so long and don't receive the goods

I wouldn't be surprised by the not in stock trick, but I've found that there is a big difference with items coming from hong Kong and from china. I generally find hong Kong faster. However, I think the bigger issue is what speed of postage is listed. Economy will always take 3-4 weeks. Standard often arrives in under 2 weeks. YMMV but I'm guessing standard is more expensive for the sender.

I've had a hong kong ebayer call me directly questioning my negative feedback, funny shit. suppose they shouldn't have sold stuff they didn't actually have stock of. naturally it was weeks after the transaction and me following it up which prompted them to advise they didn't actually have the stock.

I got one of my packages today.
I paid 6-SEP, the China Post stamp says posted 29-SEP... at least I got a refund for it.

I brought a grid tie inverter from an Australian seller as I wanted it in a few days. This was email exchange.

me "Is this going to be posted this week so I will have it by friday?"

seller "Dear sir,
inverter already sent by EMS yesterday. tracking number is EE4444444444444CN. you can trace this item on EMS system, "

me "So you are not in Australia? Change your add then c#nt and don't bull@hit."

seller "we have warehouse in Aus. but no stock of this item, so we sent inverter to your side directly. Sorry for the inconvenience."

It took 3 working days from date of posting.

It could have something to do with volume of parcels being sent.

EMS is the key there I wreckon, I ordered a condenser from aliexpress, payed for EMS instead of China Post and had it in about 10 days.

Check this one out. They have the Aussie flag in to the picture, to give you the impression it's an Aust seller, but they ship from HK.

Had been averaging about 4-5 weeks for my Chinese ebay purchases lately but got a surprise last Tuesday for my latest purchase. Bought a few TIG welder torch fittings from Guangzho, China on the sixth of this month and got them on the sixteenth. Ten days for free postage. Maybe there's hope after all. I suspect however that because I made three separate purchases from the same seller they were able to bung em all in one package and upgrade the delivery. I'm not complaining.

FWIW:
I ordered 2m of 1/2" silicone hose from China recently. It took 13 days to get here - which was the minimum estimated transit time. Unfortunately 12hrs after i did my last brew <_< but for the price, i was very happy.
Still waiting for several other little bits from other Chinese sellers, all ordered the same day. Fingers crossed.

I've had nothing take over 3 weeks, probably 8 or 9 individual items, most sent free post.
You expect to wait and I dont buy anything from China that I need in a hurry, mostly its stuff thats 'gunna be handy' but isn't necessary.

Pretty sure Australian Customs is the least of your concerns.

The sheer bulk of crap that comes from China/Hong Kong boggles my mind. It's never ending.

I'm still waiting on
1 from late Aug (wankers won't refund, and I let it slip outside the paypal 45 day claim period)
2 from 4 Sep (refunded)
1 from 6 Sep (refunded)

I had another item from the 6 Sep come in the last couple of days, and the China Post date was 29 Sep. Slack buggers not having the product in stock, and blaming the post.

I've had stuff come that I have ordered from 27 Sep.

Pity Aliexpress is not easier to find stuff on.

QldKev said:
I'm still waiting on
1 from late Aug (wankers won't refund, and I let it slip outside the paypal 45 day claim period)
2 from 4 Sep (refunded)
1 from 6 Sep (refunded)

I had another item from the 6 Sep come in the last couple of days, and the China Post date was 29 Sep. Slack buggers not having the product in stock, and blaming the post.

I've had stuff come that I have ordered from 27 Sep.

Pity Aliexpress is not easier to find stuff on.
One of the items from 4-SEP turned up today, it's almost 8 weeks since I paid for it.

Another of my pieces arrived on Friday - 16 days to deliver. About mid-way through the estimated arrival range. Still awaiting 3 more pieces...

Cheap, but you definitely don't want to order anything you'll need over the next 4 weeks, by the look of it (esp. Re: QldKev)

BTW, where do you find silicone o-rings ID 1/2" ? I can only find packets of 30-100 on eBay. I only need a few!

technobabble66 said:
Another of my pieces arrived on Friday - 16 days to deliver. About mid-way through the estimated arrival range. Still awaiting 3 more pieces...

Cheap, but you definitely don't want to order anything you'll need over the next 4 weeks, by the look of it (esp. Re: QldKev)

BTW, where do you find silicone o-rings ID 1/2" ? I can only find packets of 30-100 on eBay. I only need a few!
What are they for? If to go over a 1/2" BSP thread, These are what I use 10 for $5.15 (posted)

Yeah, they're to go over a 1/2" BSP thread & sit in to groove of a 1/2" locknut (that's gonna sit inside the kettle. Does that sound right?)

The ones you link are ID 20mm (or 0.79"). Isn't that too big, or does that fit best for 1/2" threads/locknuts?
Never done this before, & i haven't looked at anyone else's setup with regards to this.
If that link is what i need, then that'd be brilliant!

Back