Ebay - China Post delivery times

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QldKev

Brew Dude
Reaction score
Is everyone else getting stupid post times from China Post? I've got quite a few ebay items from China that are now over 5 weeks since I've ordered them. Are there any other places we can get this stuff from with a better postage time?

edit: Anyone use Amazon much, what is postage costs like from there?

QldKev

I've had a couple of items take 8 weeks for delivery from China. Maybe their idea of post is to walk the package from Western China to Eastern China then put it on a boat.

I've had stuff arrive in less than a week. Might be the Vendor rather than the sender (or sending service but that doesn't almost rhyme).

Have used amazon - postage is entirely dependent on what you order and where it comes from. Can be a little or a lot

Usually it's <2 weeks.
Two things I've ordered recently <11/09 have been around 7 business days.
The next two items ordered on 14/09 are still yet to arrive.

It looks like they've had four public holidays during that time, so I guess the longer shipping time makes sense.

I've got stuff that is 6 weeks now, about to do a paypal dispute

I have waited around 6 weeks on average from china
I figure that a lot of people try to import dodgey stuff from china so customs
Pay extra attention to goods coming from there which slows things up
If you are patient you can get good bargains from there but yeah you have to patient

does anyone remember what it was like a couple of years ago (about 1-2 from memory)?

i used to get stuff from china quicker than aussie sellers. it was like 3-5 biz days!!! it was truly amazing.

what's happening now (or so i have been told) is that people from china are listing things on ebay that they dont actually have stock of. Or in fact haven't been produced yet.

that way they have x amount of guaranteed buyers of a product before they actually place their order.

they then blame the postal service for the delay.

once i had a Chinese seller state (after 6 weeks) "so sorry for our inconvenience you but cyclone stop up shipping to your area".... i live in melbourne and it came in by air 2 weeks later.

the way i see it now is it's a pre-order system. fine if you can wait but i'd love if they cut the bull$hit and said "we'll ship once we've sold 100"

From my experience delivery times from China is hit and miss.

Sometimes stuff turns up in less than a week. Other times it can take two months.

Dunno if it's the vendor, china post or Aussie customs.

I've brought through Amazon less frequently, however in all instances I've experienced delivery in about a week, give or take a day.

This is so funny that this thread was here. I was about to start the exact same thing. I have been waiting 5ish weeks for stuff from china too. Still have not received anything yet. All parts for my brew contoller. So pissed off. I actually contact 3 of the companies and got 2 refunds straight away. Did that last night. The important parts are the ssrs, but that company reckon it should take 8-25 days. When i emailed them they said the same thing but said some sh#% about custome etc so it can take an extra 8-15days. Remember the days they quote are working days too.
I just emailed 2 other companies to see if they offer fasting shipping. I remember 2 yrs ago i was getting stuff from china quicker than stuff from the east coast.
Rant over :)

Macca

It's correct about Chinese holidays. The country just shuts down and there seems to be holidays every second week. The worst for us importers is Chinese New Year where it impacts for three months.

1 month before factories stop taking orders, then China shuts down for 1 month, then 1 more month of getting back in the que as the factories catch up.

This year it's the middle of January, so the whole of December will be a problem, January nothing will go in or out of the country and then Febuarary orders will start trickling out.

Anything with free postage takes for ever to arrive.

I've been waiting a while on an order too and just got an email from the supplier saying:

"In the last couple of weeks, worldwide airport security check has been significantly tightened, especially in the Asia-Pacific region. We observed that some of our air shipments have been affected due to the additional security scan measure adopted by the authorities.

"You may or may not have received your items. But in order to minimize any further delay and to make sure that the shipment will definitely reach you, we have decided to re-send your item(s) to you again at our own cost.

"We sincerely apologize to you if you did experience some delay due to the unusual but unavoidable aviation security situation."

Doubt that's the real reason though, suspect that as suggested in an earlier post they just didn't have it in stock

I found this ebay announcement saying it is only up to a 1 week delay. I think they could just be playing off it.

***Updated: Changes to Hong Kong mail regulations may cause delayed shipments ***
s.gif

spacer.gif

03 October 2013 | 11:36AM EST
s.gif

Recently the Hong Kong Post announced that all items posted by air are now subject to x-ray screening for regulated materials. This additional screening may cause delays in shipment due to no fault of the seller, so if you purchased an item from a seller in Hong Kong, please allow extra time for delivery - at least a week more than the seller's stated delivery time.
Also note that items containing the regulated materials are being returned directly to sellers and not delivered to the buyer. These items may include:

• Items with lithium batteries such as video cameras, walkie talkies/2-way radios, GPS devices, radio-controlled toys, Bluetooth headsets, smartphones/mobiles, laptop computers, shavers, power drills, tablets and portable DVD players
  • Liquid beauty products, including fragrances, colognes, lotions, and toner
  • Items with "eliquids" such as electronic cigarettes and lighters
If you don't receive your item after waiting the additional week, please contact your seller. If your item was returned to the seller, you should receive a refund. If you have any problems please contact cutomer support.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Regards,
The eBay Team

Just received an email from an eBay seller (after waiting 4 weeks) saying eBay has taken down the listing, please don't leave negative review or resolve through paypal, trust us...we've sent it-please wait another 15-30 days. Haha better believe there'll be negative feedback.

yeah you have to be careful how much slack you give them. from memory you cant start a dispute if the sale was over 60 days ago.

therefore they keep trying the old "we're sorry we've sent again please wait one more month"

and by the time you realize your never going to get it you cant leave feedback or start a dispute because the sale is too far in the past.

great scam when you think about it.

Yeah I've been stung twice by that, both times were when buying baby stuff before the lad was born.. The old "just a little more time" doesn't wash any more, especially when getting near the 45 day mark.

I've been burnt waiting a little longer before. Thankfully, it wasn't an expensive item. I'm currently waiting for a PID controller to arrive that was (apparently) shipped 6 weeks ago. Emailed the seller yesterday and if I don't receive a reply by Friday, I'll be raising a dispute this time for sure.

If I get a PayPal credit and the item does eventually show up, too bad for them. Seller said it would take up to 20 business days from time of postage. That's a contract in my eyes.

I ordered a couple of mobile phone batteries once, they didn't arrive so I contacted the seller. Very sorry will send again, this time I received them in a week or two, a few weeks later the original ones arrived also. No idea why the first lot floated around in postage space for two months?

Like many others, I've had stuff arrive in less then 5 days, others have taken well over 45 ... I also agree that there are MANY online stores - not just ebay sellers - that will sell you something they don't actually have in stock (you may or may not be informed that the item(s) is not in stock) ... this reduces issues with actually stocking stuff, clearly. Good sellers will tell you immediately that they are ordering it in ... bad ones will make excuses about postage.

It seems to be if its shipped via China Post its many many weeks for delivery, if they use EMS it is within a week or 2.
I've found most of the crazy cheap free postage items seem to go by China Post where if you pay for shipping it normally means it is coming via EMS and is pretty quick.

I remember someone telling me that export shipping is free(covered by the chinese government) if it fits into one of a particular set of packaging, thats why you can buy a $2 item that still has free shipping.

Latest posts

Back