Ebay Beer Kits

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j1gsaw

Certified Pisswreck
Reaction score
Hi Gang.
I was looking on ebay last week and found a mob selling Beer ingredient kits etc.
They have the chimay blue clone which im keen to make.. until i seen the $66.95 + 13.00 p&h pricetag.
Has anyone bought any of these kits on ebay?
They worth it?

I know some kits you can buy are highly over-priced, and your far better off buying the ingredients seperately.
I tried asking this mob selling the Chimay clone just what comes in the kit, but surprise surprise.. no response.
Im also keen to know if any grains/hops etc come with the kit... and for the price i would hope so.
cheers.

I think you will find that they are probably the Brewcraft kits... I think that they often come with some steeping grains, hops, better yeast.

never used one myself, but I have seen a few threads about the included instructions, and fair to say that they are not ideal.

$66.95 seems VERY expensive, you could easily buy enough ingreidients to do a few brews at that price.

Brendo

:eek: Holy sh*t, thats damn pricy mate! For any kind of kit I wouldnt want to spend more than $40 and that would have to be for about 3kg of lme minimum!!

Hi Gang.
I was looking on ebay last week and found a mob selling Beer ingredient kits etc.
They have the chimay blue clone which im keen to make.. until i seen the $66.95 + 13.00 p&h pricetag.
Has anyone bought any of these kits on ebay?
They worth it?

I know some kits you can buy are highly over-priced, and your far better off buying the ingredients seperately.
I tried asking this mob selling the Chimay clone just what comes in the kit, but surprise surprise.. no response.
Im also keen to know if any grains/hops etc come with the kit... and for the price i would hope so.
cheers.

Strikes me as very expensive for kits and bits. Better off getting a fresh wort kit and some hops.
I wonder why the Stella kit is $1 more than the Chimay kit though?

cheers

grant

that's some stupid prices there... perhaps you should be asking for a chimay blue clone recipe and where to source the bits n pieces.

Strikes me as very expensive for kits and bits. Better off getting a fresh wort kit and some hops.
I wonder why the Stella kit is $1 more than the Chimay kit though?

cheers

grant

I have to agree it seems very very expensive for a kits and bits mate. My dearest kits and bits to date wouldn't have cracked $40 in total with LME kit, LMDE, speciaty grains, hops and yeast. I just did my first FWK (fresh wort kit) and all up with US-05 yeast $44.95. Do you have a LHBS to source stuff from?

far to expensive and not great in quality. mostly these kits are brewcraft and you can do better yourself by buying bits and peices. If you seach on AHb you can find a few chimay recipes.

Heres one.
light malt extract 2.3kg
black grain (black patent malt or similar) 30g
50g carapils (optional)
50g wheat malt or grain
soft dark brown sugar 400g
blended honey 250g
bittering hops hallertau 40g
bittering hops goldings 20g
make a starter from a bottle of chimay blue or use a good ale yeast eg. safale or wyeast abbey ale
final volume 15litres
steep grain.
boil all ingredients for 40 min then strain and adjust to 15 litres with cold water, wait to pitch yeast untill it reaches 25*c.

Thanks folks, I thought it was too dear. Bloody ebay!

light malt extract 2.3kg
black grain (black patent malt or similar) 30g
50g carapils (optional)
50g wheat malt or grain
soft dark brown sugar 400g
blended honey 250g
bittering hops hallertau 40g
bittering hops goldings 20g
make a starter from a bottle of chimay blue or use a good ale yeast eg. safale or wyeast abbey ale
final volume 15litres
steep grain.
boil all ingredients for 40 min then strain and adjust to 15 litres with cold water, wait to pitch yeast untill it reaches 25*c.

CM2 that sounds like my next brew. :icon_drool2:

Have you tried this one?

Thanks folks, I thought it was too dear. Bloody ebay!

def too exp. I get the Brewcraft special sent through to me by family, chimay Bleau pack $48.

My bro who does K&B brews has stopped buying the prepackaged stuff as well preferring to buy each bit as its cheaper.

Back