Ebay 2 Tap Font

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpadden

Reaction score
Hi all, I am building my own kegerator at the moment and looking for a font. I was going to go with Ross' one CraftBrewer 2 Tap Font Then noticed this one on evilbay Ebay 2 Tap Font which is clearly much cheaper

Does anyone have any experience with the one from ebay. Would I be asking for trouble?

I just got one of these:

http://www.pinnaclewholesalers.com.au/prod...5e39176d0070c18

But have yet to get it working properly. Gonna try changing length of beer lines, and will update if I get em working.

But the Ebay one look's exactly the same as the more expensive craftbrewer one. If I was to choose from the 2, I'd go the one that is $165 cheaper.

I had the single font version of this, and it seems to have all the same seals and screws, so i'd say you wouldn't have any problems.

I bought one of these the other day for my old mans kegerator. Going to upgrade from the old EK swing tap and build it into a mobile bar before my brothers 21st. Can't offer any advice other than they are a good seller and the unit looks ok. The seal between the font and the taps isn't great though. If you're looking at a glycol (or any liquid for that matter) system it will take some work to seal it. I'm just going to go a computer fan to blow cool air up there. Not a great unit but for $105 delivered it'll do for a mobile bar for parties!

I bought one of these the other day for my old mans kegerator. Going to upgrade from the old EK swing tap and build it into a mobile bar before my brothers 21st. Can't offer any advice other than they are a good seller and the unit looks ok. The seal between the font and the taps isn't great though. If you're looking at a glycol (or any liquid for that matter) system it will take some work to seal it. I'm just going to go a computer fan to blow cool air up there. Not a great unit but for $105 delivered it'll do for a mobile bar for parties!

I would've though these taps are a down grade from a EK swing tap. I bought some rear sealing taps from ebay and sold them as they get sticky, so I got rid of them and bought some florytes.

But the Ebay one look's exactly the same as the more expensive craftbrewer one. If I was to choose from the 2, I'd go the one that is $165 cheaper.

Not the same at all - ours is stainless steel & does not have Chinese manufactured taps. On the face of it, looks like a pretty good buy if on a tight budget, but be warned, you generally get what you pay for - Some of the Chinese stuff is appaling, some is good - I'd want to see before buying or the option of a full refund if not satisfied.

Cheers Ross

i bought one from evilbay and they are ok but you get what you pay for. the taps are poor spend the good money once and you wont regret it

Not the same at all - ours is stainless steel & does not have Chinese manufactured taps. On the face of it, looks like a pretty good buy if on a tight budget, but be warned, you generally get what you pay for - Some of the Chinese stuff is appaling, some is good - I'd want to see before buying or the option of a full refund if not satisfied.

Cheers Ross

Sorry Ross :ph34r: , but I did say "look's" exactly the same though.

And I'm hoping my new taps just have a problem with line length, rather than tap problems. Yet to try it.

ebay_psp_demotivational_poster.jpg

The one I got from grain & grape was OK, but wouldn't realy say it was top quality. The bottom of the font where you screw it in, ended up having bit's of metal comming off, from 2 of the 4 screw points. That was after about 6-12 months of high usage. But I haven't tried the cheaper taps of the same kind, so can't comment on them. And again, Ross might have a higher quality thing than G&G, I don't know.

Cheers Ross

How big a hole do you need to drill on the top of the fridge? I assume large enough to get all the tubing through, then the font screws directly into the fridge?

How big a hole do you need to drill on the top of the fridge? I assume large enough to get all the tubing through, then the font screws directly into the fridge?

Spot on Paddo :) Just lage enough to feed the lines in.

cheers Ross

I don't see a 'Ebay' logo in the sponsor's banner at the top of THIS site ;)

:ph34r:

:ph34r: It's not a requirement to buy from the sponsors, just to use this site! Get over it. If I was gonna save $165, i sure know what I'd do. :ph34r:

I haven't tried both, but do you really think one will be $165 better?

I'd want to see before buying or the option of a full refund if not satisfied.

Cheers Ross

They offer a money back gaurantee, for 7 days if your not happy with it, and it also comes with a 1 year warranty.

ours is stainless steel & does not have Chinese manufactured taps.

So are you saying that the other one (ie., ebay one) "has Chinese made taps"? How do you know this? Or are you just hoping guessing that they are? Just wondering. Or are you bagging another supplier (without knowing the facts), just to get another sale. :ph34r:

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh! It just seems that we can't talk about other suppliers without the sponsors coming along and bagging them.

And your product may well be much better, but I would like facts, not guesses. I'm sick of shops/sellers answering questions just to get a sale (or not answer certain questions). You can't bag another product without knowing the facts. You gotta worry about slander in some cases.

beerDingo said:
I'm sick of shops/sellers answering questions just to get a sale (or not answer certain questions).
I'm actually thinking of other suppliers here. But do you actualy know where the taps from ebay have been made? Or are you assuming because they are cheaper than you get them for?

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

dude, Ross has been very helpful here. You're being a dick.

+1, he wasn't after the sale or "bagging" it, simply giving his advice.

If you knew people better you wouldn't have written that above, from my personal experience Ross gave me all my kegging advice after hours and also mentioned the fact he was giving it to me whether I bought from him or not.

I know I'd be spending the extra $$'s for better quality - even if it wasn't through Ross, and that means a lot of saving up time for me currently!

Nice one. Name calling... VERY constructive.

How has he been helpful? By bagging another product? Does he KNOW that the other one was made in CHINA?

umm.. you're bagging a product, Ross isn't. Do YOU know that the other one was made in China?

As I said, you're being a dick. Not name calling. Just stating the facts.

+1, he wasn't after the sale or "bagging" it, simply giving his advice.

If you knew people better you wouldn't have written that above, from my personal experience Ross gave me all my kegging advice after hours and also mentioned the fact he was giving it to me whether I bought from him or not.

I know I'd be spending the extra $'s for better quality - even if it wasn't through Ross, and that means a lot of saving up time for me currently!

I agree, Ross does seem to give a LOT of good advise on this site, and not just to make sales.

However, in this case, he bagged another product (as it seems, just because it was cheaper). ie., "Not the same at all - ours is stainless steel & does not have Chinese manufactured taps." But how does he know this??????

IMO, I'd buy the cheaper ones! If there is an issue with the fonts, you could probably still buy better/new ones and still come out cheaper than buy the $250 one.

Latest posts

Back