Dry July Conclusion

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How Rude.

Wonder if we will see Armstrong again ever??

I've no doubt that he's a bigger man than that. One potentially thoughtless post borne out of frustration does not a boobidazzler make.

Yes Manticle and Hirns you are both right. I did get carried away. I was hoping this would be a thread with posts about how hard it was and thanks for donating and was shocked with the first post. To Armstrong all the best and good job with the future fundraising.

Drew

yeah. i didnt even realize dry july was a charity thing. just thought it was a way for a bunch of self righteous people to make themselves feel better than everyone else.
on the bright side two million ain't bad for one month considering the economy.
joe

I did the month also, And it took the first week or so for my mates to realise i wasnt just doing it for no reason (apart from the health bit).

Got upto $606 and 25th in SA... Was pretty chuffed with that :)

But its August now.... and my 25th on wednesday, So ill be raising a glass to the month that was..... "Dry July"

i didnt support DRY JULY either...i support the local cancer hospital(peter mc).but hats off those who did contribute the money is going to a very good cause..

I believe an apology is in order.

It was not fair of me to lash out like I did and I understand that many already contribute to great causes like this, or in fact would like to but just do not have the financial means ... to those people I apologise.

I am very passionate about this particular cause ... my partners father died form cancer, as did my grand father, my work mate's wife is luckily in remission but what drove it home was we ironically lost a friend towards the end of july who simply had a skin cancer removed from her nose not 6 months before.

Whether it was right or wrong, I was disappointed that we only got 5 donations from a member base of 15,000

Got upto $606 and 25th in SA... Was pretty chuffed with that :)
thats a damn good effort.
hopefully i can pay a bit more attention to this when it comes around again next year now that i have been edumacated.
joe

$1291 from about 35 people, thats not a bad effort. Now I think you deserve a beer! :icon_chickcheers:

Well done guys.

MD

Whether it was right or wrong, I was disappointed that we only got 5 donations from a member base of 15,000
You kinda suck at apologies, hey?

Yes, but as I see it you're apologising for pointing that out in the first place.

Regardless, well done on your contribution to the cause. I'm sure your efforts are appreciated by many.

I think he was apologising for calling non donors tightarses.

But the disappointment expressed is based in the same thing. Not wanting to harp on it though - my congratulations above are genuine and not interested in making anything personal.

Agreed. I do a bunch of different stuff to support various charities (we were #4 I think in the Parra district Mothers day classic fundraiser a couple of years back) and I get annoyed at being called a tight arse. Get a grip, Armstrong.

I find the whole idea of promoting non-drinking for any length of time quite offensive, especially on a beer forum. Anyone who stops drinking won't live longer, it will just seem longer.

So, after all that, who won the keg system? :icon_cheers:

I believe an apology is in order.

It was not fair of me to lash out like I did and I understand that many already contribute to great causes like this, or in fact would like to but just do not have the financial means ... to those people I apologise.

I am very passionate about this particular cause ... my partners father died form cancer, as did my grand father, my work mate's wife is luckily in remission but what drove it home was we ironically lost a friend towards the end of july who simply had a skin cancer removed from her nose not 6 months before.

I agree 5 from 15,000 members would not have been the response you would have been looking for; and I can see where you are coming from. You even put up a great prize to be won. Although I personally did not donate this year, to this particular charity, next year let's try and raise more of an awareness to this. I believe we have a lot of great people on here and we can get some great results. Count me in to help-out organising, wherever possible next year.

QldKev

Might I suggest asking brewers to teetotal for charity is like collecting for Al Qaeda at the NYFD.

You should be collecting money for whoever can finish five hundred liters of piss the quickest ... you'd probably make enough money to cure cancer.

Might I suggest asking brewers to teetotal for charity is like collecting for Al Qaeda at the NYFD.

You should be collecting money for whoever can finish five hundred liters of piss the quickest ... you'd probably make enough money to cure cancer.

You are a dead set fuckwit. what a good troll line how many people you expecting to insult with that one.

I think the idea of an education into the purpose of the cause might see a few more donations given a bit of notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back