Dry Hopping

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mantis

Official keg inhaler
Reaction score
Another dumb question.
The brew I tapped last night is probably the smoothest I have made. Its a pale ale which I have done a couple of times before with similar ingredients. This time I had a go at dry hopping and chucked 20g of Cascade pellets in with the yeast.
So would the dry hopping add to the smoothness of this brew or am I just barking up the wrong tree??

It is great that you like it.
The fermentation does rub a lot of the hoppiness out of it but what has remained appear to have done the trick.
;)

I wouldn't expect dry hopping to make it 'smoother' but it depends a lot on individual taste and opinion I think. Better make some more to check. :chug:

I wouldn't expect dry hopping to make it 'smoother' but it depends a lot on individual taste and opinion I think. Better make some more to check. :chug:

I did, yesterday :party:

You may find the aroma you get from dry hopping lessens the longer its in the bottle. Youll have to drink it within 3-4 months . Well thats what i found with Cascade.

Back