Dry Hopped Rogers This Friday At Fremantle Lc

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eamonnfoley

Foleybraü
Reaction score
Got this email from LC. Spewing I cant make it!

Hi Hopheads,

At the brewery we are running a little experiment in which we have dry-hopped two 50L kegs of Rogers' - each with a different Tasmanian Hop Variety - support the locals, eh?

These kegs will be dispensed "English style" through our hand pump in our Brewhouse Cellar Door this coming Friday 22nd January from 4pm.

The first keg has been dry-hopped with Topaz - a very high bitterness hop (16.5%AA for those brewing-orientated people!), with a lovely aroma. The second keg is dry-hopped with a Tasmanian Hallertau - a local take on a classic German hop.

The Tuesday afternoon crew have dosed up the kegs, so they are resting now and absorbing hop aroma and flavour. We know it's not all that much time from Tuesday to Friday (in dry-hopping terms), so we debated it and added a wee bit more just in case.......

So if you want to try the experiment, and perhaps have a drink with the brewers, feel free to come down. And hey, don't be scared if the beer is a little more warm and flat than you are accustomed to - it's meant to be that way!

Cheers for now,

LC Crew

:icon_drool2:

Sounds bloody awesome. I really like Roger's, especially fresh (which I only get to try on irregular visits to Perth). Living in Brisbane sucks!

:icon_drool2:

Sounds bloody awesome. I really like Roger's, especially fresh (which I only get to try on irregular visits to Perth). Living in Brisbane sucks!

Spewin. Me and the missus are going down on Friday but have to leave about 2....I wonder if I nag enough they'll pour me 1...

I might have to go there after work. I think I'll finish at 4 and race down.

Cheers for the heads up.

I'll be there. Would love to meet a few Perth AHB'ers. Any chance of a meet up?

I'll wear my favourite shirt so people can find me if they want. Otherwise I'll be enjoying beer.

My favourite shirt is green and gold.

So just keep my eye out for someone enjoying beer... Shouldn't be too hard. I'll have blue shoes and pinstripe shorts on (since they seem to be the only things I brought with me on the plane...)

[quote name='O'Henry' post='585981' date='Jan 21 2010, 03:08 PM']So just keep my eye out for someone enjoying beer... Shouldn't be too hard. I'll have blue shoes and pinstripe shorts on (since they seem to be the only things I brought with me on the plane...)[/quote]

I'll be wearing my double plugga black n white dragon thongs.

If I dont end up with any customer pick up's I will try and get there.Oh and I will be the good looking one :lol:
GB

Hahaha I can see it now. Do to unforeseen circumstance pick ups will be from 40 Mews Road, Fremantle WA 6160 on Friday the 22nd of January. :lol:

Wakey wakey hands off snakey. Where are all the Perth people? Don't half the WA forums members live near freo?

I'd expect at least 20% more hype and 16% more post synergy.

I'd really like some pizza or kangaroo from LC about now.

Man I would kill everyone in my house for one drop of Super-Rogers! Alas, they will have to live as it is too short notice to make the trip from Margs. Next time.......

IM pissed I cant make it eather the wifes working to night and I have to baby sit

Seriously contemplating a quick trip down after work :)

Latest posts

Back