Drinking Traditions

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete2501

Reaction score
Hey all you fellow aspiring publicans!

I wanted to hear about other peoples traditions or habits.
My most common drinking tradition is Friday night AFL with pizza and several beers. In the off season beers and pizza are still had it's just done with a movie or sitting outside with the fellas. :party:

I don't brew on a regular basis but I did have a Sunday brew day going before Xmas. I'm going to try keep that as brew day so I can maintain stocks.

Perhaps other people buy a special beer once a month or have a special brew they make for Birthdays or Holidays. It'd be great to hear what other people do as it's always interesting. :beer:

If I've got something nice on tap I'll have one or two when I get home from work. Other than that I don't drink that often, but when I do I 'binge' drink and I don't give a **** what the government or anyone else thinks of that.

I try and get a doz mixed bottles every month from Purvis of beers i have not tried to keep my palate aroused!

Other than that the only other rituals i have is a beer when i get home from work whilst getting changed and doing tidbits around the house until dinner, Oh and a beer whilst i am brewing! Can't forget that.

Friday night = beers and fish & chips

Cheers SJ

Dinner with the Fam or friends plus some bevies is my perfect Friday

PS. Jim I saw you on TV this morning.

I try and get a doz mixed bottles every month from Purvis of beers i have not tried to keep my palate aroused!

Other than that the only other rituals i have is a beer when i get home from work whilst getting changed and doing tidbits around the house until dinner, Oh and a beer whilst i am brewing! Can't forget that.

I do the beer after work thing as well if it's been a hard day. How could I forget the beer while brewing? :blink:

Ahhh, I got it now, I was busy doing the same thing i do every night....... :p

Cheers SJ

I have 2 kids under 3 and i work more then 70kms from home.... :(
The rare time I do get to the pub, I'm very very likely to drink far too much for too long. My "tradition" would be to be found in a very late bar such as the Public Bar, Celtic Club even the dreaded Tankerville Arms (melbourne pubs) at 6 in the morning. After that, round up a kebab and hit the sack for a few hours before heading back to the kids.

RIP The Tote. :super:

edit: dodgy spelling

+1.

I have an issue currently that my brewing habits are outweighing my drinking habits!

All kegs and cubes are full!

Of course this can be solved with mates and bbq's! Once the reno's are done, it shall be so... :)

My other tradition is house reno's on a Sunday, then a few refreshing pints of what ever I have on tap on a Sunday evening...

Every night I make time to have a scotch and a cigar with my work colleague on a balcony.

No wait, that's Boston Legal.

Drinks while floating round the pool in summertime. Heaven.

Apart from that, I suppose the closest things to traditions would be brewing a special beer for my kids' birthdays, and meeting up with the Hills Brewers Guild once a month for pizza & beer tasting night.

Drinking Traditions? You want Drinking Traditions?? You can't handle the Drinking Traditions!

Week days: Yes ... a few before, during and afer dinner most nights. Friday nights is open bar night at the Brewhaus ... friends and fellow brewers come on around ... someone brings somthing to throw on the BBQ or we get take out Thai or Chinese.

Saturdays: Yes ... Usually brewday so first beer of the day is usually about 11 am after the first brew is done. Drink slowly most of the day ... but usually have a bottle of wine to finish off with.

Sundays : Yes ... After all that drinking it's off to church Sunday morning ... but usually we end up with someone or two or three from church coming over Sunday arvo for another session

Special occasions : Yes ... Four annual events - Australia Day (a friend's birthday), St Patrick's Day (my son's birthday), Italian Beer and Pizza Day (June - my birthday) and Octobeerfest (my daughter's birthday). All fancy dress affairs with special brews and matching food, games etc. Oktobeerfest is the biggest with plenty of lagers, beer steins, om pa pa music and games ... not quite Beerfest (the movie) but almost!

Now we do try to have at least one alcohol free day a year ... I said we try!

Thursday = Homebrews + Ping Pong in the garage
and occasionally beer pong but that gets the table pretty messy

Cheers,

Stew

I only have 1

come home after work go to the beer fridge and grab a cold one some times I even put it in a glass

I only have 1

come home after work go to the beer fridge and grab a cold one some times I even put it in a glass

Oh yeah you've gotta put it in a glass. I love drinking out of glass.

Back