Drinking Sierra Nevada Torpedo And Disappointed.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still stand by my original comment .. This is one of the best American Beers I have tasted ... I was happy with SN Celebration but normally a little let down by American beer as a whole ... as I am with Australian Mega swill ... Thank god for brewing at home ... and beers for jobs ... FIsh ... your Amber is Good ..... :)

have to second that However their pale ale is slightly better

I suggest everyone that has had a bad torpedo from Dan's writes to sierra nevada and tells them.

They take that sort of thing very seriously, and it might give Dan's the kick up the arse that they need in regards to looking after craft beer.

Previous posters have done this, and received replies from the brewery quite quickly.

I gambled on re-arming my torpedo tubes with ordinance from Dan's since Archive Next Door didn't have any the last couple times I was there, and the first two fired and hit their target well. The BB dates were late October 2012.

I suggest everyone that has had a bad torpedo from Dan's writes to sierra nevada and tells them.

They take that sort of thing very seriously, and it might give Dan's the kick up the arse that they need in regards to looking after craft beer.

Previous posters have done this, and received replies from the brewery quite quickly.

write to SN then they kick phoenix beers in the arse. since they are the importer for it.

stupid american 3 tier shit!!

http://phoenixbeers.com.au/

write to SN then they kick phoenix beers in the arse. since they are the importer for it.

Phoenix are doing nothing wrong. They are refrigerating everything to Australia, and to all independant liquor stores.

Don't blame the importer/Sierra Nevada for bad Dan Murphy's practices. Buy your beer from a well reputed liquor store.

stupid american 3 tier shit!!

It's the "stupid American 3-tier shit" that broke the brewers strongarming the pub owners to carry only their beers. Prohibition/repeal/& the subsequent myraid state/local laws afterward may have been, and be a pain, but this alone was worth it. :)

I try and buy My SN at the indies (Archive, etc.), but on occasion it just doesn't happen.

It's the "stupid American 3-tier shit" that broke the brewers strongarming the pub owners to carry only their beers. Prohibition/repeal/& the subsequent myraid state/local laws afterward may have been, and be a pain, but this alone was worth it. :)

I try and buy My SN at the indies (Archive, etc.), but on occasion it just doesn't happen.

but now it allows the big 3 to control what beers are the distribution trucks. so you can not sell your beer i you can not get it on a truck. and are you going to risk one of there contracts to run craft/mirco beers?

i cant access the phoenix beer sight so i can order straight from them to bypass dan murphy's poor handling. I watched them on wednesday load pallet into there storage area that had been sitting there for over half the day...

Phoenix are doing nothing wrong. They are refrigerating everything to Australia, and to all independant liquor stores.

Don't blame the importer/Sierra Nevada for bad Dan Murphy's practices. Buy your beer from a well reputed liquor store.
It's not about blaming Sierra Nevada or Phoenix. It's about having Sierra Nevada (and to a lesser extent Phoenix) to apply pressure to the retailer to handle their stock properly. Only problem is, Dan's is bigger than Sierra Nevada so they will most likely ignore them.

Only problem is, Dan's is bigger than Sierra Nevada so they will most likely ignore them.

It is currently the sixth-largest brewing company in the United States.[2] The brewery produced 786,000 barrels of beer in 2010.[2]

And another interesting bit of info:

The brewery is powered by solar energy, having 10,000 solar arrays covering its rooftops and parking lot.[15] In all, the brewery uses 2.6 megawatts of solar electricity on premesis.[16]

Sierra Nevada is still a marginal line in Australia they're not going to have DM quaking in their boots.

Surely though SN wouldn't want people who have spent that much on beer (which most people who shop at dans don't spend 80 odd bucks for a carton ) to think why the hell did I pay this much the beer isn't even good.

Then people won't bother buying it anywhere else because its pretty expensive unless you know how good it is. Personally I haven't had a bad sn at dans but tried a 4 pines kolsch which was terrible, later finding out it was probably left in the sun for ages.

In saying all this, at least there is a big company with some decent beers. I hate going into a bottle shop and the best beer there is coopers or euro lagers.

True enough but who else is SN going to for a national distributor? They're stuck with DM.

You are unable to buy direct from Phoenix unless you go into their wholesale showroom in Morley, Western Australia.

You can order direct from other reputable places that ship around the country, like the International Beer Shop, Slowbeer, etc. etc.

They're still the national distributor for SN, right? And not Dan Murphys?

That's correct. Dan Murphys are only a retail outlet, but in saying that, Woolworths does whatever the hell it wants, so if they don't want to look after the beer they are selling, no one will be able to change their minds.

That's correct. Dan Murphys are only a retail outlet, but in saying that, Woolworths does whatever the hell it wants, so if they don't want to look after the beer they are selling, no one will be able to change their minds.

If that's the case & if Dan's (or anyone else for that matter) aren't distributing refridgerated as per Sierra's conditions, then Phoenix should withdraw supply - simple.

Cheers Ross

If that's the case & if Dan's (or anyone else for that matter) aren't distributing refridgerated as per Sierra's conditions, then Phoenix should withdraw supply - simple.

Cheers Ross

Yep exactly, what Dans does to beer is not good for perceptions of beer in general.
Last SN offerings i had from dans were absolute rubbish, undrinkable.

Cheers Ross
My understanding is, that the arrangement for distribution is limited prior to the point of sale. That is, once Dan's (or any other retailer) receives it from Phoenix, they may display it wherever they chose, refrigerated or not.

Latest posts

Back