Drinking horn mugs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knot_gillty

Reaction score
G'day all, thought I'd show you my new drinking mugs. Had my 40th on the weekend and the lads from work chipped in and got me these mugs and also a horn (on backorder..). Bloody sensational mugs too!!! The smaller ones hold between 0.8-1 UK pint and the large one (Jarl's mug) hold approx 2 UK pints. In other words, ******* huge!!! Roughly 1.25L!! I brew mead so these go perfect with the theme! Last night I thought I'd try them out as they only arrived yesterday. Turns out, small mugs hold 2 x Tooheys Extra Dry stubbies. Now I need to start brewing my own beer to fill these fuckers!!....

IMG_8944.jpg

Where my finger is is one stubby!!
IMG_8946.jpg

After a mouthful.
IMG_8947.jpg

They look great. I've been watching Vikings on Netflix and they're always drinking out of horns.

The handles look almost ceramic.

You may have tainted them with your TED though, better get on and brew some of your own beer like you said to rectify that. :cheers:

Happy birthday BTW, wish I'd got something like that for my 40th.

They look great. I've been watching Vikings on Netflix and they're always drinking out of horns.

The handles look almost ceramic.

You may have tainted them with your TED though, better get on and brew some of your own beer like you said to rectify that. :cheers:

Happy birthday BTW, wish I'd got something like that for my 40th.

Yeah I've seen them on Vikings. They use a lot of the small handleless mugs too. The guys I got these from also made Rollo's drinking horn and battle axe.

If anyone is interested they are from Grimfrost in Sweden. I've got no affiliation.. Some awesome products on here, I'll be getting a few more things in the future.

https://grimfrost.com/collections/drinking-horns

And TEDs is probably the best of the big guys beers... haha.

Latest posts

Back