Draining Craftbrewer BIAB Bag

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have used SV and I also ordered a bag from Grape and Grain which works well (although bit big for my pot).

I also have a bucket in a bucket 'press' which makes obtaining the wort a lot easier and frees my arms up to hold beer instead.

Mmmmm just got a 50L keg I'm about to turn into a keggle for a BIAB setup...might do a bit of research to see which way to go and which has the best draining and which will work with the opening at the top of the keg (which I am yet to cut)

People often make the comment that if you have a lid, cut it with this fitting in mind.

Nick JD said:
People often make the comment that if you have a lid, cut it with this fitting in mind.
My exact reasoning for not cutting it yet (and I don't have access to the plasma cutter atm)

I am assuming bigger is better (isn't it always?)

I have the urn concealed element and with the CB bag have very little flour in the base after brewwing. Do you get much with the SV? I would be concerned the element may burn out quickly with a heavy cover of dregs.

Cheers

Ha ha Bribie my shed is still the same, still naturally air conditioned. Works well for doing lagers right now. You fridge is still going strong too and the mill has been handed down again now. When are you coming up for a beer Michael?

Those having problems with the CB bag flow slowing down after a few brews, Sodium Perc is your friend, I soak mine after every brew and rinse well, at least 30 brews later it is like new as far as the drainage rate goes.

AndrewQLD said:
Those having problems with the CB bag flow slowing down after a few brews, Sodium Perc is your friend, I soak mine after every brew and rinse well, at least 30 brews later it is like new as far as the drainage rate goes.
I do this as well.
Mine is still draining fine.

I know Ross has been having trouble draining his bag for some time.

Mine was shit the first brew, I might soak in perc for good luck. If not I am going to spotlight.

seamad said:
brewers droop ?
Apparently so. Just don't tell anyone he's a bit funny about it.

Perhaps you should suggest he give it a soak in napisan, rowy?

bum said:
Perhaps you should suggest he give it a soak in napisan, rowy?
I may do that though my advice is that he may need something stronger. He's prone to certain infections that need something in the line of penicillin to fix.

Don't fear the foam, Ross!

Latest posts

Back