Double IPA or West Coast IPA

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fendercaster

Reaction score
Hi all,
Looking at putting down one of these very soon. But i am struggling to find a clear recipe and one i can get hops for. Although these are different, what i enjoy is the strong hop characteristics balanced with the high ABv malt. Styles i love are hop dog Shizzam! And pirate life DIPA. Big sheds Californicator is a lovely west coast ipa too. I am extract with partial/special grains.
Any help please? To start with anyway...
Cheers

This is a partial mash recipe for a big american Ipa I put down recently. Came out a treat, big citrus flavour and aroma from the citra, but you can easily sub the hops for any similar ones you have on hand.

23L

3kg ldme
500g Vienna
500g carapils
250g crystal 60L

33g magnum @ 60
15g citra, 15g cascade @ 15
10g citra, 10g cascade @ 5
25g citra, 25g cascade @ 0
100g citra @ dry

Grains mashed at 67 for 60mins, made it up to 14L for the boil.

Much appreciated. I havent got magnum but ill see what else i can sub in. As for citra that is the hard hop to get for me. But i have enough for this. 1 pack is from 2014 harvest but been sealed and frozen. Hope itdoesnt fail on me. Appreciate the input!

Yeah any clean bittering hop will do fine in place of the magnum, from memory I think the total ibu's were around 70

Latest posts

Back