Dogfish Head Raison D' Etre

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Note that they are not plugged into the GPO also pictured. It is not magic, the scales have an internal battery.
I declare the image CaricatureEmporiumed, you scoundrel!

I say olde chap, it would seem apparent that you don't require the free hops that I offered. One could only assume that perhaps you are a sportsman yourself and that you enjoy the thrill of the chasse, albeit locally. Jolly fine show I say!

I didnt think you were serious about your offer and was just continuing to take the pi$$. As kind as your offer is and much appreciated, but I have to buy some other items so will probably just place an order with Craft Brewer as they have what I need that I cant seem to source locally.

Also thank you for your information on magic scales but I already have one.

Has anyone used the belgian Candi syrup shown here Belgian Candi Syrup in place of the actual sugar?

Wondering if I will get the same results? The syrup is a by product of the candi sugar production so I assume it should give me the same flavour.

Hey Truman,
I use that one in my Scottish Ale and it's very nice. First time I did a double with two of those, next time a double with one of those and one clear. Will stick with the two Amber's in future, gives a much deeper flavour. My SA is 6% with 4kg of Marris Otter, .25 of Pale Choc and .2 of Med Crystal for 21 litres with one bottle of Amber....

Hey Truman,
I use that one in my Scottish Ale and it's very nice. First time I did a double with two of those, next time a double with one of those and one clear. Will stick with the two Amber's in future, gives a much deeper flavour. My SA is 6% with 4kg of Marris Otter, .25 of Pale Choc and .2 of Med Crystal for 21 litres with one bottle of Amber....

Cheers mate, will give that a try then. I love a Scotch Ale and caramelized some wort when I last brewed one, but might try the syrup instead next time.

I didnt think you were serious about your offer and was just continuing to take the pi$$. As kind as your offer is and much appreciated, but I have to buy some other items so will probably just place an order with Craft Brewer as they have what I need that I cant seem to source locally.

Also thank you for your information on magic scales but I already have one.

Like I said old boy, I am a jolly helpful chap. Helpful chaps would naturally be helpful, like giving stuff to other chaps in a spot of bother would be helpful for instance.

No they are not magic scales my dear chap, I said they had an internal battery. Now a magic carpet, that would be terribly good! I really would like to take a ride on a magic flying carpet.
magic_carpet.jpg

Do you know where I could buy one locally? Do you have a Local Magic Flying Carpet Shop LMFCS? I'd like to get one from a LMFCS but I suppose if I had to I could be forced to get one sent to me. Do you think they would have to post it or could it fly itself to me? I haven't heard of any magic flying carpets having an auto pilot so maybe they would have to send an employee to fly it to me. They could have another magic flying carpet rolled up with them for the trip home. It could be expensive for their wages etc for the time it takes but they don't seem to have very high wages so it would maybe not be cost prohibitive.

I went to Dubai over Christmas and had a look about for magic flying carpets but couldn't seem to find any. I have protected the identity of my nephew with a convenient mask, I had to do the same for my missus because I didn't have a paper bag handy.
Carpet_shop.jpg
These magic flying carpets are jolly difficult to find. I can't find magic flying carpets anywhere. Any suggestions, I don't want to substitute.

Whilst in Dubai, I saw an interesting sign that got me thinking.
Magic_carpet_2.jpg
You would think that if they really were serious about lowering their carbon footprint (which I very much doubt) then they'd all be getting about on magic flying carpets. Surely magic flying carpets would have VERY low carbon and other substances emissions' since they run on nothing other than magic? Do you think you'd have to refill or top up the magic? I am thinking this is the case because all of the carpets I have seen don't fly and I would therefore assume that they are not magic either. So if you have to refill the magic, I wonder how many miles you would get per gallon of magic? Would a gallon of magic be enough? For a while I thought my penis was magic because when I put it in my girlfriends' mouth, it made her shut up. I have applied my magic to various items about the house but none of them as yet has flown. I have given up on thinking this is the source of magic.
I didn't see any bottles of magic for sale in Dubai. I did however find a bottle of something that if it worked, I would certainly call it magical. Perhaps I could organise a bulk buy?
Magical_liquid.JPG

Has anyone seen the magic? I did a Google search but it wasn't very helpful: http://www.google.com.au/#hl=en&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=find+the+magic&rlz=1R2GGHP_enAU435&oq=find+the+magic&aq=f&aqi=g3g-K5g-m2&aql=&gs_l=hp.3..0l3j0i30l5j0i5l2.1207.3554.1.5063.14.14.0.0.0.0.283.3457.2-14.14.0...0.0.j6MtdMiBXOs&psj=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=a8e41b1d38a5797&biw=1920&bih=864

I did find a website that looks promising: http://www.magicflyingcarpets.com/ but there was nothing on the website to say that their carpets actually fly so I have sent an online query with some of the questions I have about flying carpets. I am eager to see the website owner's response.

Has anyone bought a magic flying carpet before and can offer some tips and advice? Anyone actually ridden on a magic flying carpet before and if so whats it like?

Thanks Heaps.

Hey Malted, I take back what I said, you are a funny bugger (not in the literal sense :D because that's not too funny).

Dubais a nice place, you go on the river ferries for 1 dirham, best money spent.

Truman, sorry for the :icon_offtopic:

Mmmmmm.... negative time..... :icon_drool2:

Sponge

Thats okay mate. I dont easily get offended by such trivial matters as, people asking a question they could have searched for and found the answer to, and people posting off topic posts among other things.

No one seemed too interested in Raison D'etre anyway, may as well let Malted fill the thread up with tales of his trip to Dubai and magic carpets.. :D

What about more pics of those girls on the magic flying carpet getting frisky??? lol

Talk about a misleading image in the orginal EOI on a Magic Carpet!!

I think Dubai might want to look into all the carbon they are sucking out of the ground in terms of lowering their footprint!!
a talking cat i am loosely acquainted with though not on first name terms said:
t is estimated that Dubai produces 50,000 to 70,000 barrels (11,000 m3) of oil a day

I have seen Koichi Wakata fly on a carpet and that is a fact.

I was :mellow:

Thanks mate. Appreciate the interest. I will keep you posted on how it turns out and if it's any good will send you some to try. Your not a Bayside Brewers member by any chance are you?

Thanks mate. Appreciate the interest. I will keep you posted on how it turns out and if it's any good will send you some to try. Your not a Bayside Brewers member by any chance are you?
He's not. He's in one of those _other_ clubs :D

Bring it along to a meeting once it's done, I'm looking forward to it.

Dubais a nice place, you go on the river ferries for 1 dirham, best money spent.

:icon_offtopic: you mean Dubai used to be a good place pre the invasion of Kuwait by Iraq it was super cheap. Now it is about 40 dirhams a pint.

Good to see Abras are still 1 dirham to cross the creek. :icon_offtopic:

Thanks for the offer Truman, no, I'm not in Bayside. Maybe time I should be.

Latest posts

Back