Do i only use 1/2 the yeast if only doing 330gm of suger

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blazinshadow

Reaction score
HI Everyone, just wondering if I only put 330gm of BE2 do i only need to put in 1/2 the yeast packet. i just do Kits and use the yeast that comes with the kit.

From what I've been reading recently, the amount of yeast they give you is barely (not) enough anyway. I only ever do 500 g of "sugar" and always use the whole packet of yeast. There is mathematics involved but I doubt you're in any bother from using all the yeast. My father used to do just the can with no additional sugars or malts.

I may not be the best person to take advice from and I hope someone with better understanding comes in here.

Use the lot. The kit packets are always woefully inadequate. You certainly will not be overpitching. I'd go so far as to say that even 2 packets will be even better.

I use liquid yeast, and always spin them up to 2 or 3 volumes for a 25 litre batch, and I don't think I'm overpitching.

Homebrewers often notoriously pitch less yeast than the commercial boys and girls do.

Hi Thanks for the comments, main reason of asking is,for the last 2 weeks i've had to drink commercial beer as been away from home, and have notice that my shits are more solid,, wondering if the left over yeast is been drunk and then causing the running shits?

Someone's been slipping plaster of Paris into your wheatybix bowl mate.

I think I've rediscovered the solution to your problem blazinshadow. Drink green beer. I now remember why this is a bad idea for most of us but it might help you.

The basic premise here is, if you drink green beer, don't assume you can pass wind normally. It just doesn't work out that well.

Latest posts

Back