Diy Beer Labels

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A good & easy way is to just mark your bottle tops with the number of your brew & keep a printed & updated list on the door of the fridge.
I use these magnetic stickers from a bulk buy years ago & just wipe off any obselete info before adding my latest beer to the sticker. You could easily make up something similar using a bit of magnetic sheet from Officeworks with something white & wipeable stuck on the front.

TP

Recording_Kegs.JPG

Personally for the beers that I give away I like to add that special touch and use this site to create my labels: linky. Copy and paste the label you have built and paste it into MS Word and print on adhesive paper. Most papers aren't good in water so the bottle frost poses a slight problem unless you can find a good quality paper.
As for the ones I keep for storage I do what most do and just write beer style and bottle date on the lid. I also use coloured caps combined with a good rotation system and it seems to work a treat. Also on my brewing history I keep a record of the coloured caps so finding the right beer is simply a visual thing.

A good & easy way is to just mark your bottle tops with the number of your brew & keep a printed & updated list on the door of the fridge.
I use these magnetic stickers from a bulk buy years ago & just wipe off any obselete info before adding my latest beer to the sticker. You could easily make up something similar using a bit of magnetic sheet from Officeworks with something white & wipeable stuck on the front.

TP

GREAT idea there TP.

A few letters written on the caps keeps my brews in order.

Keep it simple get a set of these

and mark the bottle tops in a fashion that will make sense to you. I usually do something like APA008 which means it's an APA and it was #8 brew on my brew cards. I put the APA or whatever there because after having a few I don't bother going to the brew cards I grab and swill.

Lables are a pain in the arse to get on and off save them for case swaps etc.

Cheers

Chappo

Only problem with that idea Chappo is that i bought a pack of 500 caps. Black ones.

When i got home and went to label a bottle with my trusty black texta i slapped myself in the forehead. Hard. Doh!

Only problem with that idea Chappo is that i bought a pack of 500 caps. Black ones.

When i got home and went to label a bottle with my trusty black texta i slapped myself in the forehead. Hard. Doh!

I have done the same thing and for the life or me I cannot find a fine white texta to write on these caps.

Gold/silver would work alright.

Looks like the concensus is labels are a PITA. :rolleyes:

you could always just forget the whole ID on the bottle and apply the lucky-dip method. Fun for competition entries too, limitless really!

(I just use a sharpie on the cap when I remember)

Maple your a man after my own heart. Since kegging gave up completely with keg dregs just bottle them and put them away. Every so often grab a couple and play "Guess that Beer?" It's kind of a lonely friday night drunks game... :ph34r:

ROFL! :lol:

Did that with 2 cartons of Cooper PET's that have the black lids... Just adds to the lucky dip surprise :chug:

Lables are a pain in the arse to get on and off save them for case swaps etc.
Labels for case swaps!! Nobody told me about this!

I've just whacked on a bit of brown packing tape and scribbled 'Henno, golden ale' on all my bottles. I will be shunned for my sloppy labelling as well as the shit beer now.

I reackon one of those pens that write on rubber might work

...I've just whacked on a bit of brown packing tape and scribbled 'Henno, golden ale' on all my bottles....

No, no ,no ,no! That won't do at all!

Here are the ones for this years case swap I am having printed.

(this is gunna twist his knickers! Tehehehehe! :p )

Back