Ditch "Home Brew", it's "Home Made Craft Beer" ok?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a bit hard to use the term "craft beer" when theres still so much debate about what qualifies as craft.
At the mo James Squire ( who makes good beer ) is in circes called a craft beer.
To me craft beer indicates hand made small batch ( under 5000L) beer. Its a narrow definition I realise,
But the line needs drawing somewhere.
As for the beer I craft at home it will always be homebrew.

Even homebrew is commercial these days. I am going to shave my beard and drink VB ironically.

I think Bum is trying to say:

"I Bruce, therefore I am" - Ronny Descartes (Renee's second cousin from down the street).

P.S. - Beware commercial imitations - Drink Homebrew!

I give you all the right to call it what ever you want. It is yours after all.
No definitive description required...
Generally referred to as beer.

I've never given the nomenclature much thought. I don't know many people who brew their own beer, so the fractured terminology has never come up. I would say that to those who have never home brewed, like me until recently, and all of my friends, the term "home brew" is just as exciting as "craft beer". Both conjure up images of manliness, grit, hard work, thrift and reward. However, "home brew" is a little more anchored in suburbia, whereas "craft beer" is more dare I say, hipster.

Latest posts

Back