Dirt Works Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slurpdog

Reaction score
Hi all

Just thought I'd share this as I haven't seen this from the brewing fraternity before.

I competed in a cross country mountain bike race yesterday and received this as I crossed the line.

Not realy interested in drinking it and I don't even know what type of beer it is, but it was brewed by Brewtopia in Gladesville, Sydney.

Was thinking of trying it and re-filling with something that I could open this time next year when I go the whole hog and do the full 100km instead of the 50km I did this year.

Cheers
Slurpdog

DSC02126.JPG

Could be from the same place as Lucky Beer.

www.brewtopia.com.au

Basically they have a standard beer and offer customised labelling. I've heard that the beer is good, although I haven't tasted it myself.

yup, all the way from their brewery at Smeaton Grange near Narellan. Bondi, barons, lucky, scharers bottled, etc, etc......et al

Their office is at Gladesville

yup, all the way from their brewery at Smeaton Grange near Narellan. Bondi, barons, lucky, scharers bottled, etc, etc......et al

Their office is at Gladesville

Good stuff. I'll keep it aside for when you come over to try the stout Linz, which btw has just been kegged.

Cool, I'll bring a bottle of my Foreign extra stout over

Hi all

Just thought I'd share this as I haven't seen this from the brewing fraternity before.

I competed in a cross country mountain bike race yesterday and received this as I crossed the line.
Not realy interested in drinking it and I don't even know what type of beer it is, but it was brewed by Brewtopia in Gladesville, Sydney.

Was thinking of trying it and re-filling with something that I could open this time next year when I go the whole hog and do the full 100km instead of the 50km I did this year.

Cheers
Slurpdog

How did the ride go? I'm usually up for beer after a few hours on the bike.

Hi all

Cheers
Slurpdog

The ride went pretty good thanks Velo.
Haven't ridden an event like this before so it was an eye opening experience.
The marshalls were handing us the open beers as we crossed the line but I swapped it for capped one so I could keep it and savour it later.
Besides, I still had 3 stubbies of Coopers Stout sitting in the esky from the night before! :chug:

My mates did this ride. I was meant to do it, but didn't get off my arse and register in time. A couple of guys did the full 100km while the girl and her bro did the 50km.

Haven't spoken to any of them about it yet. how was the 300m straight up to start the ride?

I'll definitely be in next year.

Doing Emu Heights-Yarramundi-Emu Heights on the 19th if anyone's interested.

My mates did this ride. I was meant to do it, but didn't get off my arse and register in time. A couple of guys did the full 100km while the girl and her bro did the 50km.

Haven't spoken to any of them about it yet. how was the 300m straight up to start the ride?

I'll definitely be in next year.

Doing Emu Heights-Yarramundi-Emu Heights on the 19th if anyone's interested.

Don't bother talking to any of your mates that did the 100 just yet as they're probably still a jibbering mess, I know my mate is! :lol:
Yeh that climb ws a killer. Had to walk most of it and even that wasn't easy.
Have you sampled the girls beer yet?

Don't bother talking to any of your mates that did the 100 just yet as they're probably still a jibbering mess, I know my mate is! :lol:
Yeh that climb ws a killer. Had to walk most of it and even that wasn't easy.
Have you sampled the girls beer yet?
Well my good mate who did the 100km didn't turn up for basketball last night.

No I'm tipping she nailed it straight after the ride. I have had the beer before. It's just blowfly beer isn't it? Pretty interesting concept. Only had a handful, but they're well marketed and not a bad drop.

Well, if you do fun runs or bike rides or whatever, you eventually get far too many bloody T-shirts, so I suppose this has some merit. Or did you get a T-shirt as well?

I was toying with that idea of custom labelling of beers here in Japan, the wedding market is huge, but then I thought, what's the fun in that? Same goes for micros that do house beers for pubs etc. You get no credit whatsoever as the brewer. It's then just another way to make money to live and not much more.

Well, if you do fun runs or bike rides or whatever, you eventually get far too many bloody T-shirts, so I suppose this has some merit. Or did you get a T-shirt as well?
They were selling cycling shirts for an amount I can't remember. I saw they didn't have my size so I didn't look into that too much more.

Of course Slurpdog wouldn't have bought a "Century of Dirt" cycling shirt if he only completed half a century :)

Back