Hi fellow Beer nuts & hop heads from Bendigo Vic

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmtc80

Reaction score
Hi all , Damien 33 married 2.5 yo boy and 9 mo twin boy girl, Jackson , Mason and Ellie respectively.
Now down to business, i'm a keen 4 wheel driver , love camping and mountain biking. And of course I love beer , craft beer to be precise. It's only been in the last 4 years that I've really discovered the craft scene and in that short time I've seen it explode in my home town with a pretty good home brew scene and with the help of a local group, Bendigo Beer the majority of our pubs now serve craft beer , if not on tap( sometimes multiple taps) at least a good range of stubbies. Not to mention the new kid on the Brookes Beer Bendigo opening the first brewery in the town for a century and making amazing beers for the local market and slowly spreading across the state! I guess you could say I am proud of my local scene!
Personally I've only been brewing biab AG for 5 months and loving every minute of it. I have some great mentors, 2 blokes I used to work with who make amazing award winning brews, Pete got equal third Ipa in the country, amateur class and Brett cleans up people's choice and "most out there" every year at our local event.
Pete is also our local malt and hops supplier with his own business Bendigo malt n hops. So all bases covered and so far so good, all my brews have been drinkable and most have been fantastic. Obviously I still have a lot to learn and I'll be the first to admit I certainly don't know it all but for now I'm just stoked to be brewing and saving money which of course keeps the treasurer happy. Atm my fave style is apa and ipa and I've brewed one esb with decent results. Pretty big hop head and love the three c's as well as simcoe and Amarillo of course. In the fermenter right now is a single hop galaxy ipa that so far smells and tastes pretty good, can't wait to taste.
Cheers lads, sorry for the novel...... Brew on.

G'day damo, glad it's all coming together for ya. Brew on

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Hi Damien,

Good to see another brewer / Crafty in Bendigo and on AHB.
Pete will be a good teacher, I've tasted his beers very very good.

Also Brookes isn't the first brewery in Bendigo for a century, The Rifle was brewing and selling beer when i started going out in bendigo late 90's early 2000.
TruBrew also brews and sells their own beers, not sure how Brookes got the tag line of the first brewery in Bendigo for a century.

Cheers
Gavin

Welcome Damien, great year that too (Moscow Olympics, Russians in Afghanistan, Azaria Chamberlain (my mum panicked for weeks afterward as I was about the same age) :huh: ).

Great to see the bug has bit, and being taught by someone experienced would be a fantastic start.

As you might have figured, AHB is a great resource as well for tweaking and learning, even if the opinions may conflict. Many award winners on here too of course. I reckon that there's never been a better time to be a home brewer.

Cheers guys, I feel welcome and I agree Lord Raja, now is an excellent time to be a home brewer.
And to be fair Gava Brookes is the first " significant commercial brewery" in Bendigo for the last century. Perhaps I should have been clearer.
Brew on

Dmtc80 said:
Cheers guys, I feel welcome and I agree Lord Raja, now is an excellent time to be a home brewer.
And to be fair Gava Brookes is the first " significant commercial brewery" in Bendigo for the last century. Perhaps I should have been clearer.
Brew on
true, Although its not the size of the brewery its what comes out of it that counts ;)

-Gav

Too true Gav, nor does it matter how flash your gear is.. Lol
Cheers Simo, I see your brewery is expanding rapidly. Lookin good.

Dmtc80 said:
Too true Gav, nor does it matter how flash your gear is.. Lol
Cheers Simo, I see your brewery is expanding rapidly. Lookin good.
Touche...... well played sir, well played.. :)

Then Fighting words damo! Haha yeah mate my brewery it's coming along nicely, won't be buying anything new for awhile, need to lay low - I was made redundant. Just means plenty of brewing!!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Well yeah sucks on the job front mate, sorry to hear that. But like ya said plenty of free time and at least you got set up before the dreaded redundancy!

Latest posts

Back