Dihydrogen Monoxide

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ducatiboy stu

Reaction score
I found this on the net

http://www.dhmo.org

Very scary stuff. We need our pollies to get this substance banned before it does serious damage. It is more widespread than you think :eek:

Hmm I won't comment on that website..

But if ur really worried write to the aust THeraputic Goods Authority and ur local member and/or your minister fir industry (since that is its main use) asking for a review of the info and a list of approved uses of them chemical in Aust/ur state.

Start a pentition and send to parliament/minister

Eh, maybe it'd work if they actually tried to present some if its 'dangers' rather than just say it is dangerous.

Unsuccessful troll is unsuccessful.

Hmm I won't comment on that website..

But if ur really worried write to the aust THeraputic Goods Authority and ur local member and/or your minister fir industry (since that is its main use) asking for a review of the info and a list of approved uses of them chemical in Aust/ur state.

Start a pentition and send to parliament/minister
These petitions get passed around almost annually during orientation week at Uni. The names and signatures routinely get published in the first student magazine to prove that 1) you can get people worried about anything, and 2) people will sign anything you put under their nose if you look enough like a hippy.

Eh, maybe it'd work if they actually tried to present some if its 'dangers' rather than just say it is dangerous.

Both of the above posts suggest that the joke has missed the two of you. Slow down and think about it - hydrogen hydroxide.

That website looks like a piece of shit.
The 'Last Updated' at the bottom of the page is a javascript that adds 'now.getMonth()+now.getDate()+now.getYear()' (i.e. TODAY) to the site. The source suggests that October 14, 2004 is a more accurate last update. The site itself debuted 01/08/98. Did your websites look better than this in 1998?

I enjoyed reading the MSDS

Has been know to kill over 200, 000 people in less than six hours

SIGNS/ SYMPTOMS OF EXPOSURE: Extreme wrinkling of skin; gagging; coughing; responsible
for injury, death, and property damage all over the world

Odor (from contaminants) can be overpowering. Low
coefficient of friction may cause slippage and explosive verbal comments!

MANUFACTURER: Mother Nature, Inc. CAS NUMBER *: 7732-18-5
ADDRESS: Multiple places and suppliers
located all over the planet

I just bought a bonsai kitten.

Scary stuff.

Ive actually stopped carbonating all my beers because I figured if we expel C02 in our breath as a waste product, then consuming it orally is the equivalent of sticking a length of garden hose up your arsehole and resperating on your own farts.

I mean, you wouldn't want to breathe a sucked out fart, would you?

Yeah, its deadly stuff, especially if inhaled

Apparently large breweries are known to use it as well :huh:

Both of the above posts suggest that the joke has missed the two of you. Slow down and think about it - hydrogen hydroxide.
I fail to see how I could possibly have phrased my post in the way that I did if I hadn't understood the joke/that it was a joke. Your comment baffles me, sir.

Hey, there's also some joke going around the internet about mudkipz, perhaps that could be posted as well.

You chose Old Man Internet.

It is super effective!

I fail to see how I could possibly have phrased my post in the way that I did if I hadn't understood the joke/that it was a joke. Your comment baffles me, sir.
Oh, sorry. "It'd work" is a completely unambiguous phrase completely descriptive in subject and related verbage. My bad. Aside from the fact that there's an entire FAQ on the dangers of this chemical that suggest your cursory read of the site, one certainly couldn't interpret 'It'd work' to refer to the intention of the site and its ability to spread a message, no, that's just silly talk.

Some might have thought that "I get it, not funny" is either not worth posting, or not conducive to others' enjoyment of the joke, but that's just not you now, is it? I bet you were always the kid first in line to see Santa and pulled off his beard, too.

The site, while aging, appears to have a lot of effort put into it, and clearly is still successful at its original goals.

I have some Mudkipz living in my dam, they are very hard to catch

Oh, sorry. "It'd work" is a completely unambiguous phrase completely descriptive in subject and related verbage. My bad. Aside from the fact that there's an entire FAQ on the dangers of this chemical that suggest your cursory read of the site, one certainly couldn't interpret 'It'd work' to refer to the intention of the site and its ability to spread a message, no, that's just silly talk.

Some might have thought that "I get it, not funny" is either not worth posting, or not conducive to others' enjoyment of the joke, but that's just not you now, is it? I bet you were always the kid first in line to see Santa and pulled off his beard, too.
Ah, I see. My fault you can't read statements that clearly mention the site's trolly intentions. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I apologise most fulsomely.

Ah, I see. My fault you can't read statements that clearly mention the site's trolly intentions. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I apologise most fulsomely.
Unimaginative, unfunny, poorly constructed, and looking bad, age considered. A total waste of time and space.

I'll leave it to the reader to decide the subject to which I refer.

Sorry to the OP for the OT. 'bum heckles well-meaning joke on the internet - unfunny because he's seen it before; Film at 11.'

Unimaginative, unfunny, poorly constructed, and looking bad, age considered. A total waste of time and space.

I'll leave it to the reader to decide the subject to which I refer.

Sorry to the OP for the OT. 'bum heckles well-meaning joke on the internet - unfunny because he's seen it before; Film at 11.'
'QB upset someone else does his shtick; film never because no one but him cares.'

Do you see what I did there? Shall I be more explicit for you? I feel like I need to because you have zero self-awareness.

Back