Digital Thermometer And Timer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batz

Batz Brewery...Hand crafted beers from the 'Batcav
Reaction score
I thought that I would post this as I'm really happy with it.

thero.jpg

http://www.chef.com.au/prod/show/100267/di...r-by-club-chef/

I'm using this in my mash tun atm, permanently mounted where my Mashmaster was. I tested it with my alcohol thermometer and it reads spot on, I suppose the true test of time will tell how good it is. My Mashmaster has served me well but it does require calibration fairly often and it sometimes 'sticks' which is not good when step mashing.

Anyway some of you may be interested.

Batz

does it run on batteries? if so I'm thinking a great bit of kit for us bag brewers.

QldKev

Good find Batz,

Good price and braided probe lead too by the looks.

Cheers,
BB

Good find Batz,

Good price and braided probe lead too by the looks.

Cheers,
BB

I can't take the credit for this one, someone else posted the link here ages ago and I have no idea where now. It is a braided lead but what I like is it disconnects from the unit so you can empty and clean your tun. I think this may have been a factor as to why my Mashmate one needed calibration so often, I always pulled it out of the tun and put in away, so it did get knocked about a bit.

Batz

Thanks so much,was just about to waste a couple of hours researching and searching that very type of product. B)

View attachment 38682

I'm using this in my mash tun atm, permanently mounted where my Mashmaster was. I tested it with my alcohol thermometer and it reads spot on, I suppose the true test of time will tell how good it is. My Mashmaster has served me well but it does require calibration fairly often and it sometimes 'sticks' which is not good when step mashing.

Batz

:icon_offtopic:

Hey Jeff,

If you remember back !

I bet your ears didn't bleed when you ordered this! :lol: :lol:

Cheers

:icon_offtopic:

Hey Jeff,

If you remember back !

I bet your ears didn't bleed when you ordered this! :lol: :lol:

Cheers

It's a much better unit than those old ear bleeders mate, as yes I remember it well :lol:

Batz

Hi Batz,
I have tried several different types of wireless BBQ thermometers and have descovered after breaking several units that they are not designed to be immersed in a mash. Have you found this is the case with your unit? Or does it say in the instructions that it should not be placed in water? If you have found that its fine in the the mash then I'll be keen to get one.

Cheers
Brett

View attachment 38682

Batz

Hi Batz,
I have tried several different types of wireless BBQ thermometers and have descovered after breaking several units that they are not designed to be immersed in a mash. Have you found this is the case with your unit? Or does it say in the instructions that it should not be placed in water? If you have found that its fine in the the mash then I'll be keen to get one.

Cheers
Brett

The probe is ok in the mash but not the cable.
I suppose as a hand held unit it's not really suitable, but then you don't chuck a Bi-Metal Thermometer in the mash either.

Batz

The probe is ok in the mash but not the cable.
I suppose as a hand held unit it's not really suitable, but then you don't chuck a Bi-Metal Thermometer in the mash either.

Batz

Accurate after a months brewing? Are they worth it? $30 sounds cheapo but I`ll take it. Have you calibrated it Batz against your bi-metal thermometers? If so, how did it stand up?
temp calabration :icon_cheers: > take all your tools in and have checked them done n dusted just like the tag em procedures. I reckon a must have for any HBS.

Back