• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Digital Temp Controllers For Sale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brettprevans

HB so good, it will raise the dead
Reaction score
ok ladies and gents, Ive managed to source some cheap digital temp controllers (similar to mashmasters ) but will control temps up to 120C.

I have 15 units (may be able to get a few more) for $65 each (plus postage). its just the unit and connections etc, no probe.

Postage in a 3kg express satchel to just about anywhere in Aus is $10. Snail mail thorugh Aus Post would be ~$6 i recon.

Post your name against a number. Once finalised I will arrange postage etc. The sooner the better as Ive already paid for the units.

etc

Got specs/details etc? Can they heat and cool at the same time?

I'm confused. If I have to buy a probe, i'd need something like the NTC Sensor Stainless Steel Probe from Mashmaster, which would cost me $33.50. Add that to the price you're asking and i'd be looking at $98.50 for a controller and probe.

I could buy the MashMate Hot Liquor temperature controller for $92.40, which includes both controller and probe.

Is there a cheaper option for temperature probes that would make this more viable?

Sam

Sorry - I should have been a little more specific

It comes with waterproof probe, operation instructions & wiring diagram. It just doesnt come with a massive probe like you can get off mashmaster.

ETC-30 Microcomputer Digital Temperature Controller
0.1 degC settings
ETC-30 is a temperature controller for refrigeration applications & has built in optional timed defrost settings.
Display Resolution is optional 0.1 or 1 deg, Celsius or Fahrenheit.
Specification:
Panel size: 75 x 34.5mm Depth 58 mm
Mounting size: 71 x 29mm
Technical parameters:
Temperature measuring and controlling range: NTC -50~120 degC
Resolution: NTC 0.1
Temperature calibration: + 0.1 - 10.0 deg
Power supply: 220VAC+15% 50/60Hz
Power consumption: 3W
Relay output capacity: Compressor:16A/250VAC
Environment temperature range: 0-60 degC
Relative humidity: 20~85% (No condensate)

This unit is obviously brilliant for cooling applications but can be used to control measure temp (controls up to ~120C). The mashmaster fridgemate can apparently control temps up to ~70C but thats not really good enough for mashing, so you'd need their hot liquor temp controller for that. This unit can accurately measure up to ~120C.

I have 2 of these units. 1 to control my HLT, 1 to measure temp in my mashtun and 1 mashmaster fridgemate for my chest freezer for kegs.

The mashmaster units are great. I bought a secondhand one really cheap. These will do the same job but are a little cheaper. I managed to get a bunch of them cheaply so I thought I'd pass on the deal to AHB members.

that looks like them. Although I didnt get them from custom bars. I might see if I can a better price from my guy.

Doh, 20 minutes after finishes wiring up and installing a MM DEI-105 to control my coolroom. Seriously I just finished plugging it in and testing.

Doc

16Amps at 250V is decent! Unfortunately, I'm a little light on the dough side of things at the moment... I do have two already though ;)

Are they ready to go straight out of the box or do they need to be mounted in a case?

they dont need to be put into a case. they work straight out of the box. the case is just a protective thing. A case isnt included. if you really want a case, both mashmaster and craftbrewer have them for about $5 (called a jiffy box).

they dont need to be put into a case. they work straight out of the box. the case is just a protective thing. A case isnt included. if you really want a case, both mashmaster and craftbrewer have them for about $5 (called a jiffy box).
You will most certinaly want some form of box to mount this in (just like the mashmaster), unless you don't mind exposed mains wiring, and the risk of electricution.

the case is just a protective thing.

I think you'd be best off to recommend that potential buyers use some sort of case for the unit and ensure that the wiring is performed by someone qualified to do so

Playing 240v is deadly

And you open yourself up to all sorts of liability

What sort of guarantee comes with the unit?

Are the customers dealing with yourself or will they have recourse to your supplier?

Cheers

well i should have been a bit more clearer. you dont need a box persay but yes you'd cover it somehow (electrical tape etc etc). I have jiffy boxes.

no recourse with seller that im aware of. I can speak with the guy. Im still working on getting the price down a little more

well i should have been a bit more clearer. you dont need a box persay but yes you'd cover it somehow (electrical tape etc etc). I have jiffy boxes.

no recourse with seller that im aware of. I can speak with the guy. Im still working on getting the price down a little more
I'm definitely keen CM2, particularly if you can get the $$ down a little bit!

Sounds like your supplier is looking after you if he is prepared to renegotiate the price after you've already paid for them.

Any chance of a pic or two?

Cheers,
smudge

Im bumping this as I need to know if there are any takers out there for the units? price stands at $60 atm.

I'll take one CM2

Latest posts

Back