Digi-boil.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eats shop

Reaction score
Good morning all, as I move onto AG brewing (which I wanted to move onto awhile ago but decided to get a few more basic brews under my belt) I want to get a good simple boiler.

I can see KL has these Digi boilers, 35lt &65lt.

I'm very indecisive on how big to go. I'm leaning towards the 65lt. Seems like something I can grow into. Or will the 35lt be fine?
Anyone have experience with these boilers and thoughts? Quality?

Figured I'd start with a MO SMaSH.
Maybe some cascade.
Then maybe a second one with some Mosaic.

Will these be two similar and should I just make one of these then move to something different.?
Cheers guys!

If you can stretch the budget I would be looking into a single vessel all in one. It is, in my opinion the "buy once cry once" option vs buying a digiboil and then down the track going for a single vessel.

Also keep in mind that the 65L needs a 15 amp socket, so you will need a sparky to put a 15 amp socket in, and ensure the circuit you run it off has the capacity to power it without causing issues.

If you can stretch the budget I would be looking into a single vessel all in one. It is, in my opinion the "buy once cry once" option vs buying a digiboil and then down the track going for a single vessel.

Also keep in mind that the 65L needs a 15 amp socket, so you will need a sparky to put a 15 amp socket in, and ensure the circuit you run it off has the capacity to power it without causing issues.
What single vessel would you recommend?
I didn't even think about the 15amp socket! Thanks for that, my mate is a sparky but still something to consider.
I do only want to buy once ;)

If money is no object and you want Rolls Royce then Braumeister is the best.
Then comes Grainfather which IMHO is way too expensive for what it is.
KegKings Guten or Keglands Brewzilla offer the best bang for buck.
I have a 35L Robobrew and regret not getting the bigger one.
If I was buying right now it would be the 70L Guten, having said that, rumour has it that Kegland is releasing a new model next year, the problem there is they have a history of constantly "upgrading" their stuff, so your shiny new whatever is "the old model" after 6 months, it will still work of course, just something to consider whenever you buy a gen 1 product.

The 50L Guten will let you squeeze out double batches or close to it, and only needs a 10amp socket I *think*,

I have the 40L Guten and it's perfect for single batches which i'm very happy with. Around $400 and it's everything you need (Brewzilla vs Guten is a long thread) so pick what you prefer and have a search around the forums.

I love my 35l robo but am tempted by the 65l digi boil. I wouldn’t sell my 35L though, it’s great. I’d happily have both. It’d be handy for double batches. Lots of great beers have been and are made without recirc pumps and fine tuned temp control, however the new single vessels that come with a pump and temp control are very easy to use and cheap. They’ll all work fine

Last edited:
I’ve just done my second all grain batch in my 35ltdigiboil, and love it. I do get that people may want the larger 65lt, but bang for buck, it’s a great entry point into all grain brewing

Thanks guys plenty to consider I've been looking at all the options and haven't yet made a decision so I'll keep researching.
I was leaning towards the Digi 35lt as a base to start, Especially for the price. But the gadgets of the others are neat too.

I did just spend a bunch today on 3 new kegs, mill and some other bits and bobs.
Cheers guys.

Welcome to the cost saving world of brewing your own beer.
:fallingoffchair:
Not this rabbit hole again!!!

4ipseh.jpg

Lol, doesn’t matter if it saves money, as long as you can get it past the Minister for Finance, it’s all good.

my next step will be a keg setup, hoping for Kegland vouchers off Santa 🤞🏻

Welcome to the cost saving world of brewing your own beer.
:fallingoffchair:
🤣🤣 It's been under six months, I've got 8 kegs now, keezer, fermentation chamber ect ect! 🤣 But the hobby is as addictive as spending money on new gear 😍😍 can't wait to go AG :)

Lol, doesn’t matter if it saves money, as long as you can get it past the Minister for Finance, it’s all good.

my next step will be a keg setup, hoping for Kegland vouchers off Santa 🤞🏻
I don't have this problem yet, not married.... Yet.
I use to brew kit style many years ago and stopped but since picking it back up and getting hooked I decided kegs as bottling turned me off last time. Best investment ever!

Legit I brewed and kegs years ago. Then stopped for about 5 years. Started back about 9 months ago. Still had my old 3V and some kegs. Now I've got a full keg system, fridge, 2 bottles and regs, pressure fermenter, water chemistry stuff, grain mill, new drill for grain mill, granaries, 50kg of malt, guten, fermentation fridge, tilt hydrometer. I reckon I've dropped 2k in the last 6 months on stuff. Although I've brewed probably 2k worth too hahah

KAD! shut yer gob, if my missus sees this she'll realise the 2 grand wasn't for respraying the box trailer. ;)
Did you even spend $15 at Supercrap on rattle cans out of the $2K?

I don't have this problem yet, not married.... Yet.
I use to brew kit style many years ago and stopped but since picking it back up and getting hooked I decided kegs as bottling turned me off last time. Best investment ever!
well played sir, i top my hat to you, lol

i'm only new to Allgrain, 2 batches in, but the last extract brew i made is the best i've ever had, i'm scared to go back and make another though....lol, just hope these 2 all grain batches are at least drinkable.... dying for a keg though.....

Hahah, all good I told her that with my crippling alcohol issues and today's malt prices due to the import bans in China I can't afford not to have a grain mill....

Latest posts

Back