Different Hops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that's it Kai, Pacific Gem.
Looking forward to trying it.

Kai said:
I've tried Nelson Sauvign in a Jazman beer, from memory it had a pronounced grape flavour
[post="94818"][/post]​
Jaz was kind enough to bring some back for me on his last trip to NZ. I've tried it a couple of times but rather than grape I detect more of a peach flavour. Definitely a delicate, almost floral aroma. Very nice in a summery lager.

Kai said:
Pacific Gem? I used that in a mongrel IPA recently, yet to taste it.

I've had one beer with it, I didn't notice any blackberry aroma.
[post="94826"][/post]​
Kai,
I've checked my notes and the IPA you tried at Pedro's was brewed at the end of July so it's no wonder the aroma was lacking. When it was fresher the aroma was definitely not blackberry, as is claimed by everything I've read, but it was certainly sweet with slight vanilla. Very pleasant and not overpowering.
I only used 25g at flameout. Next time I'd be tempted to use more.

Steve

I just picked up half a kilo of amarillo whilst in Canberra! :super:

Not sure if i'll use them all but i'll have fun trying. I might even be able to spare some if someone in sydney wants them.

Gl i love those southern cross hops did a lager with just that it was good also in the xmas case me kiw mongrel lager uses pacific sunrise to bitter and mixture of nelson sauvin and halletua in the end i like it

i also had in nz spieghts pilsner with used saaz and nelson sauvin at the end but it want bitter enough

also me other xmas case beer i used nelson sauvin and saaz which is ok but i think super alpha come through to much for my liking

also did a lager bittered with pacific jade and finished with spalt as an experiment

Latest posts

Back